Work Done in 2019

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
View attachment 246931 View attachment 246932 View attachment 246933 View attachment 246934 View attachment 246935 View attachment 246936
Primary loop built and installed in basement. Have it pressurized with well pressure right now no leaks so far. Too the time to add a outside faucet on the back of the house when I plumbed in the fill.

Still have to install the heat exchangers and the secondary pumps and the heaters in the basement and the garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This should be posted in the boiler room forum. Do you want it moved there?

I'm bustin' and haulin' Ash (White) at my neighbor's
We had back at it and knocked out about half of what was left after yesterday. All the knotty "rounds" are done, just the big ones remain.
20190911_174742.jpg 20190911_174816.jpg

We've had a bunch of stuff going on but I have been working on a new plow area for the snow just off the driveway, I hope to finish it by the end of next week.

I haven't been taking any pictures lately but I did pull two smaller stumps with the backhoe on the 4540. I'm just waiting for the leaves to fall so I can fell a bunch of ash so I can s&s it before winter. I'm hoping for another 10 face cord or just over 3 cord.

We haven't been burning yet and after looking at the forecast, it should be another 11 days before we need to unless the boss wants one.

We've had a bunch of stuff going on but I have been working on a new plow area for the snow just off the driveway, I hope to finish it by the end of next week.

I haven't been taking any pictures lately but I did pull two smaller stumps with the backhoe on the 4540. I'm just waiting for the leaves to fall so I can fell a bunch of ash so I can s&s it before winter. I'm hoping for another 10 face cord or just over 3 cord.

We haven't been burning yet and after looking at the forecast, it should be another 11 days before we need to unless the boss wants one.

We've had a few fires, but we also don't have all of the first floor insulated yet. I too am waiting for the leaves to fall before I do any more tree work.

We've had a few fires, but we also don't have all of the first floor insulated yet. I too am waiting for the leaves to fall before I do any more tree work.
We usually start burning on Sept. 15 but it will still be warm enough out this year that we won't need to. We'll wait until we see some colder nights before we bring in some shoulder season wood.

We have some ash on our house property that I plan on felling, in the spring I felled nine trees of different sizes, We have ten face cord from those ash trees.

Done splitting the Ash. Seems the heartwoood wasn't as big in this yard tree as it was on some other woods trees I've cut. Slower growth= More heartwood? I guess this batch will dry faster, though. I already took two quad trailers of un-split rounds to the stacking spot at my wife's sisters, but I think I can hand-split most of that. First I need to replace a couple of busted pallets, and I think I will spin all of the pallets so that the 2x4s are perpendicular to the rows. That will give me more width and maybe the pallets will hold up better.
Herm split 1.jpg Herm split 2.jpg

Done splitting the Ash. Seems the heartwoood wasn't as big in this yard tree as it was on some other woods trees I've cut. Slower growth= More heartwood? I guess this batch will dry faster, though. I already took two quad trailers of un-split rounds to the stacking spot at my wife's sisters, but I think I can hand-split most of that. First I need to replace a couple of busted pallets, and I think I will spin all of the pallets so that the 2x4s are perpendicular to the rows. That will give me more width and maybe the pallets will hold up better.
View attachment 247620 View attachment 247621
Nice looking pile of firewood, good work @Woody Stover .

Reactions: heavy hammer
Smells so good, plus decent wood. ;)

This area I've been working will be for snow storage in the winter and trailers once the white stuff is gone.

Picture 9564 is where we took 10 trees out of, the majority of them were tall thin pines and some dead cherry, in picture 9565 is another area between the cherry and the pine we'll put more snow but first I'll clean it up, 9568 is a small maple that was bent over from another tree falling on it so I cut it down and the deer are feeding off it and the rest of the pictures are from splitting of the pine and the 4540 bringing them to Pineville.

Attachments

• 101_9565.JPG
    101_9565.JPG
    322.6 KB · Views: 328
  • 101_9564.JPG
    101_9564.JPG
    284.2 KB · Views: 325
  • 101_9568.JPG
    101_9568.JPG
    308 KB · Views: 324
  • 101_9570.JPG
    101_9570.JPG
    266.2 KB · Views: 343
  • 101_9571.JPG
    101_9571.JPG
    266.8 KB · Views: 336
  • 101_9572.JPG
    101_9572.JPG
    272.5 KB · Views: 321
Nice sink and kitchen Chas0218. We did a master bath this year with a farm house sink with a copper faucet.

Reactions: Chas0218
View attachment 247649 here is the sink and faucet we put in out master bath. I like the farm house style better it is a much bigger deeper sink. I hate those little vanity sinks.
My wife and I agree, that looks great and functional. We currently have a stupid vanity sink and hate it. We can hardly wash our hands in it...

Reactions: heavy hammer
Woody Stover on the right is mainly oak, a little maple and ash. On the left those rounds are ash

Reactions: Woody Stover
We usually start burning on Sept. 15 but it will still be warm enough out this year that we won't need to. We'll wait until we see some colder nights before we bring in some shoulder season wood.

We have some ash on our house property that I plan on felling, in the spring I felled nine trees of different sizes, We have ten face cord from those ash trees.

When well seasoned, ash is great firewood. Burns hot with lively flames. People say you can burn it green. Never tried and never will.

When well seasoned, ash is great firewood. Burns hot with lively flames. People say you can burn it green. Never tried and never will.
There are a bunch of people up this way that burn green wood, some think the wood will be too dry if seasoned for a year or more.

I'm seeing a bunch of green firewood that has been delivered in the neighborhood this year, some do it every year but a few got very late deliveries.

The Farm next-door sold a 2 hector lot to a lad from the city 8 years ago
He built a very nice house and burns wood. For the first 2 years, I tried
to explane to him the benefits of seasoned wood but he continued to
buy green firewood . He often complained that he got poor heat for the
garbage wood. Two years ago he had a chimney fire (no Damage) so
last fall I sold he 3 year old sugar maple at a discount. In the spring he
said the stove never worked so well. Last night he was over and wants
2 cord of what I sold him last year. I thought he was going to have a
heart attack when I told him 3 years seasoned wood at 16 to 18 % mc
will cost 350 Dollars a cubic cord. Last years wood that I sold him was
also 16 to 18 % mc . I sold it to him for what he had been paying for green
He said he was going back to his old supplier. I wished him good luck

There are a bunch of people up this way that burn green wood, some think the wood will be too dry if seasoned for a year or more.

I'm seeing a bunch of green firewood that has been delivered in the neighborhood this year, some do it every year but a few got very late deliveries.

I had some green wood my very first season. It was terrible. Never again.

Reactions: thewoodlands
I had some green wood my very first season. It was terrible. Never again.
A neighbor across the road said last year he had a hard time keeping his house 65 but tells me how he can burn green firewood in his outside wood furnace.

He had his house insulated better (walls & ceiling) before he had new siding put on so I would think it's the wood. I'm not sure when he cuts his wood but I'm seeing him still coming in with trailer loads of splits.