Counterpoint: does the bit of slack in a cat 2 implement really matter? I mean, it's less than 1/8" I'd imagine. ???A couple of my implements have cat 2 top link connections, but my tractor is all cat 1. Are there bushings I can get to reduce the hole size on the top link connection? Would I be better off getting a cat 2 end piece for my top link? This really just applies to my stump grinder and skidding winch.
I like the carbide tipped saw blade brush blades. I have the flex shaft still kombi much less vibration when sawing sapling than the 4 eared brush blade that kinda beat it’s way through them.Bought a brush blade for my weed whacker, got a couple hours use out of it yesterday before the rain came. I'm fairly impressed with its performance. Very wet year here, lots and lots of thick undergrowth, a mix of vines, creepers, thorn bushes and thistle, all crap that is just to much for just string to handle. I made a fairly good dent, and reclaiming the sides of my yard.
I'm up to nine chicks under one hen. Three eggs were duds, two of them not fertilized. There is also another hen sitting on eggs, so I'm hoping for similar results this weekend. My incubator also has a handful of eggs, one started pipping.One of the nests in my chicken coop started to hatch, so this week is starting nicely.
What a score! Posts like these make me shake my head in awe. Lucky man!Load #2 today from the tree company.
View attachment 280654
The log truck showed up around noon and added to the pile from yesterday, and since he had so much wood and didn't want to pile it too high he made another pile along the driveway closer to the road.
View attachment 280655
View attachment 280656
Mostly oak in this load. Some beech, ash, black birch, maple, cherry, etc.
Getting this wood was the easy part. Now my work really starts processing it. My wife said to me today. "Well, I guess we better get you a splitter now." I did not argue with her on that.
Nice work @lowroadacres , it always feels nice when the firewood inventory grows.On June 20th I started into a personal challenge. I have posted in the past about the riverfront woodlot I have access to within minutes of my house. My work is crazy long hours.... my choice my issue..... So I dared myself to use the longer hours that the summer solstice afforded. It took me 45 days on the calendar, cutting over 33 sessions all but 2 sessions at sunrise. When I started this stack I had half a cord of box elder piled up at the one end. There is now a 9 cord stack with the balancing 8.5 cords being flood killed ash that has been standing dead or downed for several years. all but a few sticks in stack were cut at well under 20 percent moisture content. This stack is in addition to 6 cords of oak that I will test for moisture content prior to winter.