Work Done Today / 07/22/2012

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Split and stacked the maple then moved some cherry,maple with some beech so I could finish off the stack.

It took a total of four loads to finish off the stack.

This wood will be burned for the heating season 2013-14, the cherry,maple and the beech have been up for about 1.5 years.

zap

Attachments

• 100_5692.JPG
    100_5692.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 144
  • 100_5693.JPG
    100_5693.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 138
  • 100_5694.JPG
    100_5694.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 143
Reactions: Defiant
Split and stacked the maple then moved some cherry,maple with some beech so I could finish off the stack.

It took a total of four loads to finish off the stack.

This wood will be burned for the heating season 2013-14, the cherry,maple and the beech have been up for about 1.5 years.

zap
Nice job, Mad Dog will be proud of you!!!:cool:

Zap, why did you move the 1.5 year seasoned wood? Is it to put more seasoned wood on top of the stack? Just curious.

Defiant, who is Mad Dog?
Archie, it's in the area I stack about 8-9 rows deep (holding area) but it gets great wind with enough sun. I also have a pine in between rows that needs to come down, I'll move the rest of whats left of that rack then one more so next years wood will be in the same area.

I have some nice beech in this holding area that I would like to move in our colder month storage area,just need to drop a couple of taller pine that should have been thinned out a long time ago.

We have six different areas I stack in (one for shoulder season wood) our areas that have our better wood holds six plus years, the shoulder season wood will hold two years with the third year up closer to the house for burning this fall.

Sorry for being so anal about the wood but I blame this all on SAV! ==c

Zap

You surely are getting a lot of exercise lately zap. It is looking good too.

Thanks Sav, it's nice having the pines for a little cover, we also have a nice breeze today. The radio shack special hit 90 in the direct sun. Are you in for a storm tonight, we might get hit tomorrow afternoon or night.

zap

Defiant, who is Mad Dog?

Zap
I will give you a little bit of time to figure out, hint: he is one of my mentors on this site and his screen name is not Mad Dog. If he does not step forward soon, I guess I will have to tell you upon his approval:cool:

Thanks Sav, it's nice having the pines for a little cover, we also have a nice breeze today. The radio shack special hit 90 in the direct sun. Are you in for a storm tonight, we might get hit tomorrow afternoon or night.

zap

Just an outside chance. Doesn't look right now like we'll get anything. Was pretty good for a bike ride today. Hot tomorrow for sure. It's 90 now and 97 forecast for tomorrow. Have to get up with the chickens tomorrow to get any work done.

Looks great as always Zap.Hope its not too hot for you.104 here right now :eek: (hottest day since summer '88,still wont beat the 1934/36 record thankfully),106 (!) expected tommorow & 100 every day until Thursday then a slight cool down..

Not doing a thing today,tommorow plan on getting out around 6AM,try to build a small bucking crib (already dug through my salvaged treated 2 x 6's) & maybe drop 1/2 of a large sized twin White Oak snag if time allows & I'm not too exhausted.Hope to quit outside around noon,if not before.

It looks like Loon is sending us a cold front from Canada, down to 49 on Tuesday and Wednesday nights. Just hope August brings rain with cooler temps for all of us.

zap

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
If we had those temps Thistle I would be at a stand still.

zap

If we had those temps Thistle I would be at a stand still.

zap
lol that's why I've stayed indoors today all but 30 minutes at sunrise when I watered the veg,few flowers & various herbs,they still look fairly good .Yard is partly shaded & quite brown now,it'll come back.Not tripling my monthly water bill just to save it.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
I am Mad Dog..... Those stacks look awesome Zap...

I learned from him Defiant. I used to use Racks. Now I use Skids and T-posts...

2012-07-17_19-26-29_852.jpg 2012-07-17_19-27-46_88.jpg skid1.jpg skid2.jpg

Reactions: zap and Defiant
How did you get the name mad dog? I only use a level :) you use a laser beam! ==c

zap

How did you get the name mad dog? I only use a level :) you use a laser beam! ==c

zap

I was caught drinking underage and it was a nickname that my Uncle gave me... It stuck with me for years. Then I brought it up somewhere in the Pellet Forum and then a few of them (Smoke, Eatonpcat, Defiant) stuck with it..

I remember being in a lot of trouble on some MD 20/20 ;)

Reactions: zap and Defiant
I was caught drinking underage and it was a nickname that my Uncle gave me... It stuck with me for years. Then I brought it up somewhere in the Pellet Forum and then a few of them (Smoke, Eatonpcat, Defiant) stuck with it..

I remember being in a lot of trouble on some MD 20/20 ;)

HAHAHA You too 'eh?;lol What almost did me in was almost 2 fifths of peppermint schnapps & other things I dont remember.Havent had the stuff since.Granted that was 32 yrs ago but to this day I cant stand the stuff,even those round 'spiral' peppermint candy some restaraunts give out,I wont touch them. But do like real peppermint leaves,like used in tea etc.Have had some growing in garden for years.

Yep. Thats it....... :( Not a proud moment in my life..

The next one was Boones Farm. Strawberry Hill....... Nuff Said! !!

We all have them, just with a different product. Had a few laughs with an old friend who stopped by last week who was in from the Boston area, he had his son with him so we had to watch what we said.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.