Work Done Today/ update

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Today was spent cleaning up (around the house) some dead pine that was on the ground then dropping three dead standing pine. Four small wagon loads fills up the 5 x 10 trailer I use to haul this to the wood dump about four miles down the road.

I took three 5 x 10 trailer loads today.

Took a picture today of what it looks like after getting rid of all the dead stuff. Pic 3931 is a small sugar maple that was real thin, the deer will have the leaves gone in two weeks.

zap

Attachments

• Work Done Today/ update
    100_3927-1.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 325
    100_3928-1.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 316
    100_3929.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 346
    100_3930.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 223
    100_3931.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 223
Looks like it was pretty well gone zap. We have a few dead ones laying around too that need cleaning up. It's "one of these days" type of job.

Looks nice. You can walk around with no trip hazards.
Always need a brush pile or 2 for the critters to hide in, but not close to the house.

Not even good for kindling Sav. I did thin out some very tall & thin sugar maple that the deer will like, did some a week ago then left for the deer to eat, leaves are gone on those.

zap

Looks like a good excuse to buy/make a firepit to relax by. ;-) I burn a lot of smaller/dry punky wood in the firepit. Nothing that smokes too much though. I like my neighbors. :lol:

bogydave said:
Looks nice. You can walk around with no trip hazards.
Always need a brush pile or 2 for the critters to hide in, but not close to the house.

Funny you mention the brush pile for the critters, had a chipmunk living in that area so I left the downed wood in that area. We built one about three years ago which is still being used.

The area I'm working in will be a secondary route for the truck to the wood piles, also another path for the rhino.

zap

I always enjoy the pics you post Zap . . . where I cut wood it always seems to have a lot of rocks, gullies, mud and a heckuva lot more undergrowth in various stages of development . . . your land is almost park like in comparison . . . it looks fantastic.

Thanks Jake, I enjoy all the pictures from all over too. I'm working on a nice trail for walking & cross country skiing around the house, guess I better bust my arse if I'm going to finish before winter.

zap

Skier76 said:
Looks like a good excuse to buy/make a firepit to relax by. ;-) I burn a lot of smaller/dry punky wood in the firepit. Nothing that smokes too much though. I like my neighbors. :lol:

We need one bad, but first some more clearing then we need to pick the spot. We will have some fires this year outside, that much I will guarantee you.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.