Working on a pile..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tar12

Minister of Fire
Dec 9, 2016
Indiana
Ash,Cherry and Walnut from my most recent score...have about this much more to haul in and split...then I start in on 6 big Ash trees
IMG_2573.jpg

You will then have an obscene amount if wood. Very nice!

Reactions: Lone_Gun
You will then have an obscene amount if wood. Very nice!
You have no idea....:) I have 3 times this of split White oak for my personal stash and about 60 cord waiting on me...:)

Reactions: Lone_Gun
15 yr plan?

15 yr plan?
Actually I would like to sell a good bit to finance a fishing trip/bear hunt to the North for my son and I.We have long dreamed of doing this...

Reactions: Ctwoodtick
Actually I would like to sell a good bit to finance a fishing trip/bear hunt to the North for my son and I.We have long dreamed of doing this...

I've sold fire wood here and there on CL with hit and miss results. But you mentioned you have Walnut ? Have you thought of reaching out to furniture makers and selling logs of walnut cut to length to furniture makers, wood workers , etc ? they might pay you top dollar for walnut in log length. It's in short supply in my area and custom wood workers are always looking for it