Would love some help identifying old fireplace!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jman1991

Jul 9, 2019
Broadstairs
Hey all. First post here, currently in the process of exposing and restoring an old fireplace in my circa 1880 home. I've attached some photos of the original metal fireplace I have exposed and am restoring. I would just love to find out some more about the fire place who made it etc, if anyone could help or point me in the right direction I would be eternally grateful!

n8ucXEI

x1yqQmj

It is an old and very incomplete coal burner. You only chance of finding parts would be antique shops or estate sales. But that is very unlikely

The squirrel may be a clue. Morso has used the this as a symbol on their stoves. Maybe send the images to them for id?