XXV Top Vent Adapter cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Oregun

Burning Hunk
Jan 12, 2017
Oregon
I got the large brush below from Justman Brush Company , handle is 36" long and worked well for cleaning the Top vent adapter on the XXV without removing it from the stove.
You do have to vacuum the loose ash at the opening for combustion blower. The brush also works for the channel from the front of the stove chamber
to the combustion blower area. I have a reducer for my shop vac that uses a long 3/8" hose so that I can reach all the way into the bottom of
the Top Vent Adapter from the combustion blower area .
Previous to this I had to remove the adapter from the stove at each cleaning and install a new gasket and reseal so it saves time and the mess of removing the Top Vent Adapter from the stove.
  • 36-Inch Black Nylon Industrial Tube Brushes

1 x 36-Inch Black Nylon Industrial Tube Brushes
    • 36-Inch Industrial Tube Brush Diameter 2 3/4 Dia - 715955
  • $10.89
  • Shipping $8.98

I’ve never removed one to clean it. I run a rotary brush system on my drill. I brush up to the top and then down to the combustion blower port.

My rotary brush won't fit through the top vent adapter since it has to brush 6" & 8" pipe, which brush system do you use?

sooteater 4”. It does pretty well on knocking down the ash on 6”, but I don’t see a lot of 8”. Going through 8” I’d probably have to use my wood brush which is 8” weed eater string