Year 3... here we go again? Maybe...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mrpelletburner

Minister of Fire
Jan 20, 2011
Maine
OMG where did summer go? Another heating season is soon about to start and yes, I am back at it.

Quick video of that first fire of a new unit, you know the one that stinks up the whole house? I just happen to have that first fire when the unit is in the driveway.

More details to follow

Haha I've been burning since mid October, good ol northern michigan.

You must have used some LP before starting to burn? I'm quite a bit further south than you and I lit my first fire on Oct 4th. Burned 810lbs since. Average HDD this October has been 18. No LP.

You must have used some LP before starting to burn? I'm quite a bit further south than you and I lit my first fire on Oct 4th. Burned 810lbs since. Average HDD this October has been 18. No LP.

I live in the straits of mackinac, so the warm lakes kinda keep me warmer during the beginning of October. While the interior of MI was seeing the 40's at night I was still in the mid 50's. However it's the opposite in the spring.

Next few nights in the lower 30's though, no more half loads.

Reactions: JRHAWK9
I live in the straits of mackinac, so the warm lakes kinda keep me warmer during the beginning of October. While the interior of MI was seeing the 40's at night I was still in the mid 50's. However it's the opposite in the spring.

Next few nights in the lower 30's though, no more half loads.

Interesting. We've been into the mid 20's already at night. Soon to be in the low 20's.

It's actually 27° right now at our place (live in a lower lying area).

I just put the pellet burner on the boiler this past Sunday. I take it off after the heating season and put the propane burner on for DHW during the summer.

We haven't turned the heat on yet but it's only a matter of time before the wife puts her foot down. So far the coldest it's gotten inside is 68 even though we've had several nights in the upper 20s and low 30s.