you get warmed three times

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
My dad told me many years ago that firewood warms you twice...he was wrong...it does indeed warm you three times... (if not more) at my age.

If you need a fourth warming eat a Keilbasa, and a warm breeze will soon be wafting upward from your nether regions.

Only get spanked when you burn pine

When i hear someone has burned pine.

giphy.gif

Reactions: WinterinWI
Reactions: Grizzerbear
Cutting, splitting, stacking, carrying in, burning, collecting/taking out ashes. Any more?
I’d break up the cutting into felling in the bush, bucking, hauling to truck, loading into truck, unloading from truck, then carry on with your splitting, stacking etc.

I’d break up the cutting into felling in the bush, bucking, hauling to truck, loading into truck, unloading from truck, then carry on with your splitting, stacking etc.

...stacking, restocking when the stack falls over, re-filling the wheelbarrow when it tips, re-stacking the wood because the kiddos put wood on top the old wood already inside...
lol

My personal best (worst?!) is probably around 9 times! :eek: :)

Reactions: MissMac
Your all forgetting the most important one
Sitting and enjoying the warmth and ambiance
of a nice fire

:):):)
Oh yeah, I enjoy all if those "steps", but that fire is is always what I'm looking forward to!

My wife will occasionally accuse me of being lazy with the ax or saw when a split is a bit too large. I feel a certain warmth as my blood pressure rises ::-)

What about that warm fuzzy feeling you get inside when you look at those beautiful wood stacks you worked your rear off to get. Warms my heart.
LOL! I so get that! I'll sometimes hike to the Upper Field where I store my wood and just admire it.

Reactions: Grizzerbear