You gotta love Craigslist!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Slow1 said:
Eisele said:
How Do these guys come up with these prices where i am from a cord is 150 to 200 hundred depending on species better off paying the gas man for those prices

Some folks pay those prices - I agree those prices are too much for my tastes for 24/7 burning but it is better than the supermarket bundles if that is what you are into...

Oil is now around $280/gallon for me (no gas option) so if I were buying C/S/D wood I could probably justify $250/cord on a cost only basis (not sure of the exact calculation though.. I'm sure someone will jump in with it though eh?) However, given the work involved I'd rather split my own and scrounge, buy logs etc to keep it below $150/cord (less than $100 is the target). Everything here is expensive.

I'll agree.

I would dearly love to find a good source of log length hardwood at/about $100 a cord but about the only stuff available is the nasty stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.