ZC fireplace replacement and chimney questions.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dpxmed

Aug 12, 2019
WI
Hi, new to the forum but have been trying to search on my own for the answers, but no luck. I bought a house that had a prefab zc fireplace with Supervent (jsc) 8" ID class A chimney. The fireplace gives off very minimal heat and is burning through wood ( no pun intended). We would like to replace with a more efficient fireplace.

We had a quote from a local company for around $11,000 for replacement and reusing our chimney. It was a Wilkining grandview and all the install, but no mudding of drywall, or putting up a surround....etc but anyways...I asked for another quote if i did all the framing and such, so the requested quote was just for the fireplace, install to current class A chimney and fresh air intake...but they havent gotten back to me in 3 weeks.

Anyone know of any other manufactured fireplaces (wood) that i could use with the Supervent (jsc) 8" exhaust? The chimney is in great shape, I'd hate to have to tear it out.

Can I run a 6" flue liner down the Supervent Class A chimney and basically pick any ZC fireplace i would like that has a 6" exhaust?.

Hope I explained the situation competently, and appreciate any help or info.

Hi, new to the forum but have been trying to search on my own for the answers, but no luck. I bought a house that had a prefab zc fireplace with Supervent (jsc) 8" ID class A chimney. The fireplace gives off very minimal heat and is burning through wood ( no pun intended). We would like to replace with a more efficient fireplace.

We had a quote from a local company for around $11,000 for replacement and reusing our chimney. It was a Wilkining grandview and all the install, but no mudding of drywall, or putting up a surround....etc but anyways...I asked for another quote if i did all the framing and such, so the requested quote was just for the fireplace, install to current class A chimney and fresh air intake...but they havent gotten back to me in 3 weeks.

Anyone know of any other manufactured fireplaces (wood) that i could use with the Supervent (jsc) 8" exhaust? The chimney is in great shape, I'd hate to have to tear it out.

Can I run a 6" flue liner down the Supervent Class A chimney and basically pick any ZC fireplace i would like that has a 6" exhaust?.

Hope I explained the situation competently, and appreciate any help or info.
You cannot run a liner through your chimney to a zero clearance fireplace. You need to use a chimney approved specifically for what ever unit you get.