Zero Clearance help ---- Montecito Estate or ??????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

slazarz

Jan 10, 2017
Mi
Hello all-- I am looking to install a zero clearance fireplace in my walkout lower level. This is a second living room area approx. 900 sq. feet that is finished.
I am hoping to use a gravity or fan kit to supplement heat to the second level great room which is directly above where the fireplace will be installed.
Total upper lever sq ft is 1900sq ft Lower Michigan--- late 90s built home

I was looking exclusively at Montecito Estate as I have a Cabin that has this unit, But I am hearing the quality of the newer ones may be subpar compared to BIS units---Any other recommendations that would qualify for the tax credit? PE30, Kozy heat?

Thanks to everyone that shares all of the Great Info!!

Scott

Valcourt makes a good unit as does RSF (both canadian companies). Lots of good comments regarding the PE, however they are easy drafters, especially with a tall chimney. I like the looks of the FPX Apex 42 and Elite 36 as well.

Hello all-- I am looking to install a zero clearance fireplace in my walkout lower level. This is a second living room area approx. 900 sq. feet that is finished.
I am hoping to use a gravity or fan kit to supplement heat to the second level great room which is directly above where the fireplace will be installed.
Total upper lever sq ft is 1900sq ft Lower Michigan--- late 90s built home

I was looking exclusively at Montecito Estate as I have a Cabin that has this unit, But I am hearing the quality of the newer ones may be subpar compared to BIS units---Any other recommendations that would qualify for the tax credit? PE30, Kozy heat?

Thanks to everyone that shares all of the Great Info!!

Scott
We’ve had ours installed for 4 years now. Absolutely no complaints. Beans switch to Astria seems to have no effect on quality

I haven't heard anything bad. The fireplace might still be made by BIS, just like Country Stove used to be sold by Lennox and now it's an IronStrike. Note that this fireplace is the only one that qualifies so far for the 26% tax credit, and that includes installation. On a $10-12k installation that adds up quickly. If you do choose it be sure to get the C-55 verification form from Astria for the IRS.

Thanks everyone! still deciding Really liking the price point of the Pacific energy fp30 and the Valcourt. unfortunately not too many dealer choices near me