2024 severe weather!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I just woke my 14 year old up. She’s not taking kindly to Daylight savings time!

When I let the dog out there was a slight skim of snow on the deck.

I have about 6" of saturated wet snow in the driveway. Going to be PITA to clean up. This is way to early in the spring to have snow changing to rain but I guess its the new normal.

Reactions: thewoodlands
When is the SNIRT run this year? I heard they moved it up from the date they usually have it.
Their website still says 4/22 for this year. I had heard there was an issue with a new law and they were trying to do it before April 1st.

It’s mostly rain here. No snow on the ground. It’s a gloomy day and everyone else in the family is still asleep. Lol.

Their website still says 4/22 for this year. I had heard there was an issue with a new law and they were trying to do it before April 1st.

It’s mostly rain here. No snow on the ground. It’s a gloomy day and everyone else in the family is still asleep. Lol.
It has been all rain here too until about 15 minutes ago when it started spitting snow out. Some power outages started up in the Waddington NY area, 1263 without power.

Heavy, wet snow here in northern NH this morning. Everything was gone yesterday. I know it is barely mid-March, but we have already had Mud Season so I don't want to go backwards.:confused:

Heavy, wet snow here in northern NH this morning. Everything was gone yesterday. I know it is barely mid-March, but we have already had Mud Season so I don't want to go backwards.:confused:
We haven't received any high winds they've been calling for and the ground is finally covered with snow but nothing bad. Tonight and tomorrow they say will be the worst of it for us, we'll see.

Reactions: woodey
We have less than an inch of snow on the ground this morning. It’s only just below freezing. The forecast calls for wind all day, with it peaking around noon.

After today the forecast looks nice. 40’s and 50’s for the highs and 30’s for the lows for the rest of the week.

Last week our bees were out. They’re getting some pollen somewhere. Maybe from those fuzzy things that drop from the aspen/poplar trees this time of year.

I just woke my 14 year old up. She’s not taking kindly to Daylight savings time!

When I let the dog out there was a slight skim of snow on the deck.
What were all the power outages
We have less than an inch of snow on the ground this morning. It’s only just below freezing. The forecast calls for wind all day, with it peaking around noon.

After today the forecast looks nice. 40’s and 50’s for the highs and 30’s for the lows for the rest of the week.

Last week our bees were out. They’re getting some pollen somewhere. Maybe from those fuzzy things that drop from the aspen/poplar trees this time of year.
We had 23.9 this morning with 4 inches of snow with some wind. With the warmer weather coming in with the rain, this snow should be gone by Saturday if not before.

Reactions: DonTee
We'll see how much this forecast for ice in our area changes.

Snow and Ice Outlook​

0.05 - 0.15 in
Ice
UPCOMING
START
4:00 AM
Saturday, 3/16
END
7:00 AM
Saturday, 3/16

We didn’t have any power outages that I know about.

I’m sure they existed, but I didn’t hear of any. The only excitement I know about was of an addict who misplaced her 10 month old in the woods. Unfortunately it didn’t end well with the weather that night.

• Wow
Reactions: stoveliker
We didn’t have any power outages that I know about.

I’m sure they existed, but I didn’t hear of any. The only excitement I know about was of an addict who misplaced her 10 month old in the woods. Unfortunately it didn’t end well with the weather that night.
That's good that you didn't have any, that's horrible about the baby.

I've plowed the driveway the last two days and it might not be my last, the wind with snow will make driving pretty chitty this afternoon.

Hazardous Weather Outlook​

Hazardous Weather Outlook
National Weather Service Burlington VT
404 AM EDT Wed Mar 20 2024

NYZ026>031-034-035-087-VTZ001>011-016>021-210815-
Northern St. Lawrence-Northern Franklin-Eastern Clinton-
Southeastern St. Lawrence-Southern Franklin-Western Clinton-
Western Essex-Eastern Essex-Southwestern St. Lawrence-Grand Isle-
Western Franklin-Orleans-Essex-Western Chittenden-Lamoille-Caledonia-
Washington-Western Addison-Orange-Western Rutland-Eastern Franklin-
Eastern Chittenden-Eastern Addison-Eastern Rutland-Western Windsor-
Eastern Windsor-
404 AM EDT Wed Mar 20 2024

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for northern New York, central
Vermont, northeast Vermont, northwest Vermont and southern Vermont.

.DAY ONE...Today and tonight.

Scattered to numerous snow showers with embedded snow squalls are
expected this afternoon and evening. These convective snow showers
will be accompanied by gusty 25 to 30 mph winds and briefly heavy
snow, resulting in sharp reductions in visibility and snow covered
roads. Some rumbles of thunder are also possible. The strongest
activity is expected to occur between 4 pm and 8 pm, and may impact
this evening`s commute. Temperatures will fall sharply overnight
tonight, causing any standing water to freeze, especially on
sheltered, untreated surfaces.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Thursday through Tuesday.

A storm system will impact the region Friday night through Saturday
afternoon. Several inches of wet snow are possible across much of
the area. Winter weather headlines will likely be needed. Stay tuned
for future forecast updates.

1710976043168.png

yep, nasty weekend here.

Walking the dog today I was wishing I’d brought some gloves. The dog was like, “This is fun!”

@joop @EatenByLimestone , I purchased five gallons of diesel & gas today, I wished that the old winter jacket made the trip. The winds cut right through you.

8" on the ground this morning in northern NH and another 8-10" on Saturday <> I'm ready to move to spring.

8" on the ground this morning in northern NH and another 8-10" on Saturday <> I'm ready to move to spring.
That would be nice but is there another system out in the Pacific for the north or is it for the south? I thought I heard the new system would drop more snow than the system we'll get starting tomorrow.

Saw 8-10 forecast for this weekend. I was planning on taking the dog swimming, lol. I’m not sure he will go now. The last dog would have been in the water, then used the snow to dry off. This one is different.

Saw 8-10 forecast for this weekend. I was planning on taking the dog swimming, lol. I’m not sure he will go now. The last dog would have been in the water, then used the snow to dry off. This one is different.
I'm seeing 3 to 6 inches of snow for our area, that's from Accu.

Eh, whatever happens, life will go on. If anything falls, expect it to be wet and heavy. It’ll be gone quickly as the sun hits it and the warm ground attacks it from below.

Eh, whatever happens, life will go on. If anything falls, expect it to be wet and heavy. It’ll be gone quickly as the sun hits it and the warm ground attacks it from below.
That's for sure, Tuesday we're in the 50's. It has been a crazy year, the three point sander hasn't been used yet and either has the snowblower.