Best pellet stove companies

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did buy the rail kit. It seemed expensive at the time but I am glad I bought it. If your hearth is elevated it makes it much easier to pull the stove to do the 1 ton cleaning. With out the rail kit I would either have to build something or have a second person, with some strength, to help remove the stove to get to the back during maintenance, which I do about 4 times per season.

Exactly what I needed to hear, thanks

I built one out of 2x4s to expedite cleaning. There are some pics on this forum if you want to go that route.

+1 on the rail kit for the Harman, I have a 52i and a flush hearth, the prob is when it reaches the end of the track there's like a half inch drop to the hearth so it just stops and digs in, im sure I could have made something up but I got a deal on the kit, plus there are bolt in brackets that insure its not going to move while your pulling it out.

Reactions: mrmojo182
I have the Harman p35i and I'm very very happy with it. assuming you have a knowledgeable dealer near you that sells these, you won't be disappointed. They look and function great.

Well, I have the Hampton GC60 (modeled from the Enviro M55) and I love it so far. That said, if I did it all over again, I might have gotten a Harman based on the dealers in my area and the overall preference of the community.

Still, (knock on wood) my Hampton has performed great so far.

+1 On the harman, I have the 52i and love it, haven't turned on the furnace yet. But like everyone said dealer support in your area should be the deciding factor in buying a stove. I'd go with the biggest model that will fit, you can't turn up a small stove but you can turn down a bigger one plus the extra btu is nice to have when it's really cold. Let us know what you end up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.