1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Blaze King Build Differences - What makes them 'better'?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Peter B., Jan 13, 2012.

1. Todd

Todd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    Hey! I resemble that remark. :lol: I'm pretty sure I'm not done buying stoves yet.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. HotCoals

HotCoals Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Rochester,Ny.
    I dunno..
    I have had some pretty fires ..blue flames dancing around..ghost flames now and then.
    Crank her up then slam her down for a neat light show at times while listening to Highway To Hell..lol.
  3. fdegree

fdegree Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Southern Delaware
    Here is a pic of my parlor without the ash drawer.

Another pic of the cat glowing...had to turn off the flash to really get the effect of the glowing cat.

Attached Files:

4. HotCoals

Loc:
    Rochester,Ny.
    The cat pic looks like some kind of robot that could start walking any sec..lol

j/k

It's pretty bad when BKK owners bust on BKK owners..lol.
  5. Todd

Todd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    I like the looks of the Parlor. We don't see many pictures of Blaze Kings, you guys should be proud and show your stuff more often.
  6. ohlongarm

ohlongarm Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northeastern Ohio
    Okay i'll post a pic of my Ultra here soon. A concern I had when I bought the King was I wouldn't get a visual fire to view. Well if I burn on 2.5 with a nice load I can get hours of flame,enough to satisfy anyone,also with that comes alot of heat.
  7. BKVP

BKVP Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Walla Walla Washington
    Good morning all. Just to clarify, we do in fact have three new models based on the 1.8 cu ft. firebox.

The Chinook 20 is already being produced. Dealers can now order them. The Sirocco 20 will be available shortly. It will be available in both pedestal form and a version with legs.

More new products to follow. DON'T ASK BECAUSE I WILL NOT TELL!

We will be updating our website first week of March with new products.

Very busy, have an appointment on Galaxia, ship leaves in 20 minutes. (Damn aliens are so punctual!)

Chris
  8. rdust

rdust Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Oh Todd, here you go! :lol:

Thanks for the update Chris! Make a thread and post up some pictures of the new stoves when you can. :)
  9. jeff_t

jeff_t Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE MI
    Don't really want to know. I'll be keeping what I have for a loooong time.
  10. Todd

Todd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    What a tease! This doesn't help my disease. How the heck am I suppose to choose between the new Woodstock or Blaze King! Jeez! :lol:
  11. BKVP

BKVP Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Walla Walla Washington
    Todd:

Both are great stoves. Woodstock makes some very fine products and the company is lead by one heck of a guy!

If you like the stone look, buy the new stove Woodstock makes. If you like the steel stoves, buy ours.

Either way you'll get a great stove.

Chris

PS I can't rap! (or rhyme)
  12. fdegree

fdegree Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Southern Delaware
    I must admit, the stock black color was not all that appealing, but after painting it Honey-Glo Brown it became much more attractive...at least in my opinion. I have to give credit to my wife on this...she was strongly against a black stove in our living room and she chose the color.
  13. Highbeam

Highbeam Minister of Fire

Loc:
    base of Mt. Rainier on the wet side, WA
    So we can order the new stoves but can't see a photo of them? What do they even look like? Specs? Nothing?

Good to know that the parlor is available without that goofy trim piece, I had no idea. Kinda like the bare bones classic with holes underneath setting on the floor but a parlor without the pleated skirt.... is even better.
  14. BKVP

BKVP Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Walla Walla Washington
    The firebox is 1.8 cu ft. Images will be posted soon, (here as well as our web site)

The Chinook 20 measure 24" wide, 25 1/4" deep with fans installed and it is 32 7/8" tall from floor to top of flue collar.

Look at the Chinook 30 (CK24) on our web site, the one with flat side and then imagine it shrunk down to the above size.

There are several already in use in Alaska and the field reports are excellent. Won't burn as long as the larger models, but at only 1.3 gr/hr, it's very clean and efficient. We filled the one here to the brim with more than 40 lbs and it burned past 20 hours to hot coals. We used tamarack (western larch) for the fuel. We did this test repeatedly and got the same low burn time results.

Other models and particulars still 30 days out.

Chris
  15. wood4free

wood4free Member

Loc:
    Pittsburgh, PA

Chris, since many believe the thermostat is the secret to Blaze King's long burn rate, perhaps you could help your buddy, Tom add a similar system to their new Progress Hybrid!
  16. Todd

Todd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    I heard they are working on it.
  17. BKVP

BKVP Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Walla Walla Washington
    Woodstock doesn't need our help! Those guys have their act together and build a great product.

Incidentally, another friend on mine that owns a stove company once told me he purchased a Blaze King King model stove about 8 years ago. He used a plasma and cut the stove right down the center.

He built a new stove with a cosmetic difference but nearly an identical interior. Longest burn he achieved was 12 hours on a full load. Being as he was so honest, I told him a few tweaks he could make and that it may help.

He chose to stick with what he makes and still to this day is a great guy, great friend and make a heck of a nice stove.

Chris
  18. Peter B.

Peter B. Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    SW Wisconsin
    Well, shoot...

I don't think I intended this as a 'vehicle' for BK testimonials, but dam if that ain't what I got.

You boys don't quit do ya?

PB

-----
  19. jeff_t

jeff_t Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE MI
    I think your answer is.... the only guy that knows ain't talkin'.
  20. HotCoals

Loc:
    Rochester,Ny.
    BKVP...I like your style,and my stove.
    Someday I'll pm you with a thought or two.
  21. eclecticcottage

eclecticcottage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    WNY

Hmm...

22. Stump_Branch

Stump_Branch Minister of Fire

Loc:
    MD
    I wonder the same. I wonder why no control over secondary air at all. I mean a stove manufacturer could have a control that doesnt allow you to shut it down all the way. But outside weather affects what goes on in the box. Be nice to have some control, even if it is t-stat regulated.