Can someone PLEASE help me? Broken door glass

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my door back home & fixed in all her glory. I'll have to post a beautiful picture LOL I'm so proud! I was scared of the price, but it was only $70, so I guess that wasn't too bad of a boo boo.

BeGreen said:
Sounds like he is a lucky guy to have a resourceful partner with a sense of humor. Especially one that minds the stove and the farm.

TY for the compliment. He teaches me all the ways of the wood world ;)

Good job on your part and at a reasonable price, glad to see your back to burning now cut your wood an inch shorter! LOL

nshif said:
Good job on your part and at a reasonable price, glad to see your back to burning now cut your wood an inch shorter! LOL

Well I know DH cut the wood in these cords shorter so they would all fit in sideways & burn longer, so this was all my fault, no way around it. I loaded them all sideways, but one - I just "knew" I could get this one smaller piece in there by putting it in the top in the other direction - & in fact I did - by taking the glass out of the front.

I'll just stick to doing it how I was told from now on & perhaps I'll keep all parts intact that way. LOL

Hey 70 bucks ain't that bad..........

really, i'm just postin' to keep this thread up top so he see's it when he gets home :)

ansehnlich1 said:

really, i'm just postin' to keep this thread up top so he see's it when he gets home :)

The glass is probably usually $200 but if "stacked" doesn't refer to firewood the guy probably knocked the price down.

Its nice when a problem comes to a happy ending: congrats and hope you enjoy the clear ceramic!

stacked said:
nshif said:

Well I know DH cut the wood in these cords shorter so they would all fit in sideways & burn longer, so this was all my fault, no way around it. I loaded them all sideways, but one - I just "knew" I could get this one smaller piece in there by putting it in the top in the other direction - & in fact I did - by taking the glass out of the front.

I'll just stick to doing it how I was told from now on & perhaps I'll keep all parts intact that way. LOL

Your going to do it "how you were told" , that sounds so perfect LOL. Do ya have a single sister? ;)

Hogwildz said:
stacked said:
nshif said:

Your going to do it "how you were told" , that sounds so perfect LOL. Do ya have a single sister? ;)

I just broke the news to DH... yes, I outed myself.

I also told him about this comment & it cracked him up. And to answer your question, no sisters at all. Sorry to break the news to ya.

BrotherBart said:
ansehnlich1 said:

The glass is probably usually $200 but if "stacked" doesn't refer to firewood the guy probably knocked the price down.

I made my name b/c DH is very proud about how well I help stack the woodpiles. He taught me how & claims I do them very well. I made the mistake of doing it right so now I'm obligated to help. I think I was supposed to do it very poorly so he'd refrain from asking me to help out in the future but I screwed up & forgot LOL But he's a proud partner b/c I do it well. But I'll take the cheap glass for whatever reason he decided to give it.

stacked said:
Hogwildz said:
stacked said:
nshif said:

I just broke the news to DH... yes, I outed myself.

I also told him about this comment & it cracked him up. And to answer your question, no sisters at all. Sorry to break the news to ya.
Ah, figures, thats my luck. Maybe I can train a chimp ; cut, split, stack. load, and bring me a beer once in a while ;) J/k

Attachments

• Picture 25.png
    Picture 25.png
    25 KB · Views: 241
Yeah, that guy with the chainsaw was dangerous & nuts!!! ;)

WarmGuy said:
Thanks for the updates. Don't forget the final picture!

Oh yeah & I already did forget. I'll snap one & upload it later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.