E-mail sent to VC concerning the lastest developements with the DW 2500 inserts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

XXXXXX
I want to keep you abreast of current problems, that have surfaced in discussions on Hearth.com. Although not the stoves manufactured at your facility, the image and qc issue is equated company wide, including the Dutch West stoves. Posted are very damaging pictures, where structural welds have failed ,concerning two separate DW 25000 inserts.
One is so bad,the firebox dropped 1.5” hitting the hearth. Compounding the negative response is another damaging John Davison correspondence, that has been posted.

The response posts are not just other consumers, but the very dealers you spent all the money in Reno to attract. Some have voiced reluctance to picking up your line of stoves or now are having second thought. When you read through the post you will see how the negativity has snowballed out of control. Right now all are waiting to see if CFM is going to step up to the plate. Everyday issues that are left unresolved, opens up the door for further image damage.

In the past I have recommended to you and Vermont castings to monitor the Hearth.com forums create a presence and be proactive promoting qc and customer relations.
I would highly recommend some one at CFM post a response concerning these current issues and reassure, that they are being looked into and that they will be quickly resolved.

Might I remind CFM, 2.5 million visitors find Hearth.com every year. Having negative damaging pictures and post, does little to enhance your image, or instill confidence to the buying public?

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/7220/

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/7196/

Nice letter, elk.

Thanks elk.

My dealer requested links to these threads so he has some ammo. So far he is a stand-up guy (expensive) but ya get what ya pay for. Thanks Chris!

Ditto, in fact my Dealers coming out this afternoon for a little hands on!! Things must be warming up???

Thanks!!

T

IMHO i would be shocked if they didnt rectify this post haste! they (VC) really are a stand up company from what im told, and though i cannot comment about the overall quality of their product , what i have personally seen appears to be sound. bottom line though , were they esw units, i'd already be working on getting them replaced. "poop occurs" (chit happens) best indicator is how its dealt with

stoveguy2esw said:
IMHO i would be shocked if they didnt rectify this post haste! they (VC) really are a stand up company from what im told, and though i cannot comment about the overall quality of their product , what i have personally seen appears to be sound. bottom line though , were they esw units, i'd already be working on getting them replaced. "poop occurs" (chit happens) best indicator is how its dealt with

So who goosed the pooch? Is this a PR rep problem. Seems the dealer is proactive, but there is a hick-up somewhere. Customer is still left hanging. Who is not holding up their end of the bargain?

UncleRich said:
stoveguy2esw said:

So who goosed the pooch? Is this a PR rep problem. Seems the dealer is proactive, but there is a hick-up somewhere. Customer is still left hanging. Who is not holding up their end of the bargain?

i agree the dealer is proactive, manufacturer is the one that should now step up.

Status
Not open for further replies.