Forever Flex liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BigJ273

Minister of Fire
Feb 15, 2015
Maryland
As bhollar has said in the past, “nothing lasts forever”. So, was doing some wondering this morn...I have a 6” SS insulated forever flex liner. Just had it recently inspected, after about 7 years of use. Sweep said it looks good. I hit it twice a season with the sooteater, and to my Knowledge never haD a Chimney fire. Just curious from the pros who do this for a living, and the veteran burners...what’s the realistic life span of these things? In general. I know there are a ton of variables, but just wondering when I should be planning on a replacement. 10 years? 20 years? Your thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

As bhollar has said in the past, “nothing lasts forever”. So, was doing some wondering this morn...I have a 6” SS insulated forever flex liner. Just had it recently inspected, after about 7 years of use. Sweep said it looks good. I hit it twice a season with the sooteater, and to my Knowledge never haD a Chimney fire. Just curious from the pros who do this for a living, and the veteran burners...what’s the realistic life span of these things? In general. I know there are a ton of variables, but just wondering when I should be planning on a replacement. 10 years? 20 years? Your thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.
I believe their forever warranty on light wall is 20 years. But it all depends on use and maintenance. I have seen some destroyed in a few years and others look brand new after 20

Reactions: BigJ273
I believe their forever warranty on light wall is 20 years. But it all depends on use and maintenance. I have seen some destroyed in a few years and others look brand new after 20
Do you expect them with a camera? I have a double-wall smooth installed because didn't do my research. Seems ok to me fo now from the top. How do I know if its a time to replace?

Do you expect them with a camera? I have a double-wall smooth installed because didn't do my research. Seems ok to me fo now from the top. How do I know if its a time to replace?
Yes I use a camera.

What are the typical signs of failure?
It varies we usually scan existing customers every 3 years or if they or us notice anything different.