How many bags have you burned so far this season?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of the 4 tons we have burned almost 65 bags.
Keep in mind that we have a very small house.
24'X32' Cape: Heating the first(75F) and second floor(64F-66F) with pellet stove.
I have a small register in the basement with attached fan
which keeps the basement at 60.
We have also burned about 75 gal of oil. Hot Water/Register in basement
Very happy so far.

I am in Wisconsin and have burnt around 80 bags of pike pellets.

teeravis1 said:
Just counted this weekend and I have burned just over 3 tons of pellets so far (160 bags). How is everyone else fairing?

3 TONS ALREADY?

Im making a dent in my second now. And its the primary source of heat!

Burned one ton (50 bags) of two I have in my garage. I'm now switching over to corn, which costs less and burns hotter. My stove suypplements the oil heat in my 2,300 sq foot bungalow. So far I have not notices any savings in oil or electricity. But I sure like the fire.

About a ton so far. I am hoping to make 2 tons last all winter. I don't usually have to burn the stove 24/7 though. If the outside temp stays above 25 or so at night I shut down the stove and let the central air(natural gas) kick in at night(thermostat at 65 degrees). Our house is a 2100 sq ft 4 bed single level. At $200 a ton that's all winter for about $400 in pellets and about $150 in NG. Not too bad. The only negative is that the back part of the house is about 10-15 degrees cooler than the living romm/kitchen/dining room when using just the pellet stove.

Three tons so far (on and off since late September - heavier with colder months) - 2 stoves - Harman and Quadrafire.

about 10 bags into ton number 3..this is being used as primary heat, the furnace is only running when i shut the stove down to clean it(about every 2 wks.)
my home is approx 1100 sq ft, old 12x60 mobile home with 16x40 addition.alittle drafty during heavy winds but chinking those up as i find them.

mike

I am at about 95 bags now. Heating a mostly uninsulated 24 x 30 2 story 100% for the entire season less 3 weeks in November.

Still have 2 tons to go. Should have plenty I think.

I've burned about 3 tons of the 5 I had stockpiled. Looks like I'll be looking to pickup a couple more tons to get me through till spring. Primary heat for a 2800 square foot house in No.Vermont that's over 200 years old, but well insulated. The Harman P-68 is proving itself to be a heat factory, but also a pellet sucker for sure. I didn't expect it to have enough horsepower to heat my whole house, but I haven't touched the oil heat thermostat so far. Pretty pleased with it. FB in Vt.

I've gone through 135 bags so far, but not one drop of oil.

I have burned about 51 bags heating 1000 square feet.
keeping house at around 68 -69 degrees.
Hudson Fall,NY
Breckwell Big E 1st year

I am 4 bags shy of burning 4 tons. I figure that on Wednesday it will be an official 4 ton. I started burning in August. Hopefully the remaining 4 tons will get me through the winter.

Just put in bag #52 into hopper this morning.

Been running the stove on low alot lately as the house is actually
getting too warm. Mother Nature cannot make up her mind.
Also changed out all the windows a couple of months ago so I am sure this
is a contributing factor as well.

About 80 bags...

About 120 bags so far, however I have 2 pellet stoves 2/3 of bags in house 1/3 of bags in shop which I don't keep all that warm. Up from last year but it's been darn cold up here in North West Wisconsin this year.

40 bags to date. I have 60 bags left hopping to get through the winter with. I have also burned just around 120 gallons of oil FHA(again hoping for one tank per winter). this is a 1100sqft house ranch very spread out, 1930s and poorly insulated.

This is my first winter in the house and with the stove. still learning alot. If I keep the stove for next year I will get an additional ton (3 tons total) and hopefully use less oil.

I don't know how many I've burned so far, but it really
isn't something you can compare with others. So many
variables to account for.

I started with 3 1/2 tons and judging from the past few winters
with this stove, I will most likely use 80% or more by the time April 1st rolls around.

Status
Not open for further replies.