Pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I put a GM tranny in my Ford Ranger.... :)

The real kicker is that most of the stoves have a mixed bag of parts from all over and a lot of them are interchangeable, would you care to up-size that order sir just today we have a special on .....

In fact several are the same darn stove with just a different name on the outside.

Reactions: Ranger72
18_inch_ruler__57607.1405349052.1280.1280.jpg
That's not big enough.....

Reactions: bags
Oh, convince me. I will concede that the Harman stoves are a lot smarter than a lot of the Harman stove owners however.
No sense going any farther with this discussion with you.
I stated my opinion, like it or not. last time I checked that was still legal in America.
Have a great holiday season

So if you have TWICE the square footage as the OP and your stove runs on LOW, why in the world would he want the same stove? He would be roasted out, which is exactly what he said he didn't want!
A Quadrifire Castile would fit his budget and his 'wish list' just fine. Easy to operate and maintain and the output fits his heating needs. Too much Harman hype on here and not enough presentation of alternatives for newbies. Brainwashing, really.
I don't belive I suggested an accentra just a harman and no matter what size your home is a harman will keep the set temp within one degree. hardly think he would get too warm and if he decided on an accentra the extra btu when it's very cold will be welcome

Reactions: F4jock
I don't belive I suggested an accentra just a harman and no matter what size your home is a harman will keep the set temp within one degree. hardly think he would get too warm and if he decided on an accentra the extra btu when it's very cold will be welcome

Yup it is called sizing a heating system, but there are many alternatives, as to what will satisfy the true requirement of providing enough heat.

If one reads through enough posts that happen in the cold portion of winter you will find more than a few where the stove was undersized for the task and further it is any make of stove that can get put in that situation.

Reactions: Big papa
Ahhhh just poking the bear smokey no worries mate

Just gettin the blood pumping And I'm glad your happy w your stove and I understand that all the harman hype is an issue when your trying to explain your stove and why you like your stove to the OP but the downgrading of a harman stove also makes it difficult for the harman owner to do the same.

Just gettin the blood pumping And I'm glad your happy w your stove and I understand that all the harman hype is an issue when your trying to explain your stove and why you like your stove to the OP but the downgrading of a harman stove also makes it difficult for the harman owner to do the same.

I am not trying to explain any stove just what really needs to be considered.

He double I go around calling my stove a bucket of parts. I do not try to sell it (you can't buy a new one of them anyway) or anything with the brand, further it a generic multi branded stove.

I wonder if the OP will ever post here again after this thread...

Pbug,
Do a lot of reading and Google the hell out of any and / or every stove you are thinking about. With some you will see a common pattern of performance, dependability, ease of use, and on & on and this is not necessarily brand specific. Others you will see a common pattern of problems and frustration. Others you will see very few cleanings and others almost non-stop cleaning. Fact! Nothing is perfect and machines do break down. Le Cars and Hugos were less reliable than many other vehicles. It is all about what fits your needs and you can handle budget wise bottom line. And what you are willing and able to do for said heat. Your choice and decision but do an educated one.

Pick stove A for instance. Do a Google search listing stove A for reviews and problems. Use the search bar here also. I missed where your price point was for the amount you are willing to pay for a stove. There are many good opinions above and if you haven't figured it out almost immediately stove owners are like hard core sports fans. It is better to be a fan of a winning team......... There are many good teams though.

It is a tough choice and a sizable cash lay out to begin with along with the confusion of so many makes and models. You can obviously see what I chose in my signature. I have zero regrets and am very happy with my stoves. That is me. I was in your shoes not long ago. I am not pushing one brand vs. another but sharing an honest opinion here. I also have not owned other pellet stoves either so I can not comment on any of those, but I can and did research and read. I have heated with wood before for decades so I was not totally lost either when I was looking around.

Good Luck and READ!

I now know what stoves I would own (not just Harman but that's what I have and like) and which ones I wouldn't want to own. There are other damn good stoves also. Just my take and preferences as to what works for me. You know what they say: Opinions are like ___holes. Everybody has one.

Start by narrowing your list down to which stoves would work for your space and needs. Then throw them out here in a thread and ask people here what they think or know about that particular brand and model. You will get good feedback no matter which you chose. Again, every stove owner has a what? A bias opinion..... Some really love their stoves. There is a reason for that.

Now for the disclaimer: I don't have to pay for your stove nor maintain it so pick whatever you want. I stay warm and so do many others here with every kind of stove out there. It is your relationship with your stove. Some goofy people stay in dysfunctional and abusive relationships. Makes no sense to me but again, I am not the one getting beat on.

Reactions: Big papa and F4jock
Oh, convince me. I will concede that the Harman stoves are a lot smarter than a lot of the Harman stove owners however.

Smoked, like a cheap cigar.....

I love it......:)

Probably why stoves are built with artifical intellegence today. My first one was completely analog, actually took a person to think for it........
Computerized and still able to screw it up...... regularly.

I think I'll buy a Harman to heat the garage with so I can say I own one too.

Reactions: Big papa
My stove is just about 25 years old and still cooking. Find one on Craigslist and call it a day. Has a damper rod and manual ignition, the horror! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.