1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Quadra-Fire Deliveries

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by kbjelka, Aug 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kbjelka

kbjelka New Member

Loc:
    Western CT
    Well kpereyra did you get your stove on Tuesday as promised? They told me at the beginning of September that mine would be on the next truck. When you said yours was in I was hoping I would get the call. No messages this week so I am guessing it's not in. Let us know how you made out.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. chas

chas Member

Loc:
    ma
    Well your not alone that's for sure all I ask is for an update with a real date I've been told Dec seeing they've missed 3 scheduled dates I hold no hope of getting mine this year. With all the back orders I don't see a need to require 50% down a small payment of a few hundred dollars should have filled their needs. Maybe it's time for the government to step in and require interest paid to the customers waiting.
  3. chas

chas Member

Loc:
    ma
    I've been waiting since June 2nd for my Castile free standing stove.
  4. dsnedegar3

dsnedegar3 Member

Loc:
    Southern Connecticut
    I just called to get a status on whether there was any news on the Jan 1 date I was given ... the comment made was "thats the Spring pool date" ... my impression now is that if your delivery is by February youll be lucky. The the Quad Sales guy is always coming in on Monday, so call back on Tuesday, and yet they never know anything more ...
  5. kbjelka

kbjelka New Member

Loc:
    Western CT
    Well I got the call today that my Castile insert ordered in mid June has arrived. I must say from what I've seen on these posts it looks as though Quadra-Fire is starting to catch up. I can't wait to get it in and stop worrying about it. It seems like I've been waiting for this thing forever. I must say my dealer has been great despite the two missed dates. I was definitely frustrated at times but it must be a rough year to be in their shoes.
  6. teddy1971

teddy1971 Member

Loc:
    Orange County NY
    I'm glad to hear that it finally came in. Good luck with the installation.
  7. slls

slls Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central maine Lat 45
    Picked up my 1200 today, 13 weeks 2 days since order, door and grill back ordered for about 2 weeks. At least I can install it.
  8. kbjelka

kbjelka New Member

Loc:
    Western CT
    Mine took a little over 12 weeks to come in.
  9. slls

slls Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central maine Lat 45
    Great news, we are finally on a roll.
  10. bostonbaked

bostonbaked Member

Loc:
    south shore
    I'm glad to see you guys got your stoves. I well remember my own waiting, wondering, and gnashing of teeth.
  11. tunaman

tunaman New Member

Loc:
    eastern ma
    ordered castille insert on july 2, pushed back from first of september to the first of october and now the dealer says they have a confirmation from quadrafire for a december 1st arrival. hoping that date holds as it has so far been a frustrating experience
  12. dsnedegar3

dsnedegar3 Member

Loc:
    Southern Connecticut
    It seems like if you got your order in before the last week of June, you've got a good chance of getting it this year.
  13. slls

slls Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central maine Lat 45
    That is about right, they are still filling June orders.
  14. edb123

edb123 New Member

Loc:
    Southern Rhode Island
    I ordered my stove (mt Vernon AE insert) in early June. At this point I can't even get the dealer to return a call to give me an update. When I was thinking of purchasing the stove and would call to ask a question, I would get a call back within minutes. Since I've purchased the stove and left my 50% deposit..... crickets. My delivery date was supposed to be the end of August... haven't heard anything. 5 tons of pellets in the basement, an empty zero clearance hearth and nice cool air coming into the house and no stove to show for it. This is really working out so far, glad I went with a reputable, service oriented dealer!! :roll: I'm now wondering if i have a problem with the stove this winter (if i ever get it) will the "service" be the same?
  15. timss13

timss13 Member

Loc:
    Peterborough, NH
    Good news for me at least. I ordered my Mt Vernon Insert in early June and had it installed today...ah the nice warmth!
  16. edb123

edb123 New Member

Loc:
    Southern Rhode Island
    i guess that means there is some hope for those of us who ordered in June and are yet to receive
  17. dsnedegar3

dsnedegar3 Member

Loc:
    Southern Connecticut
    Just got off the phone with my Dealer in central CT. My Mount Vernon AE which I ordered on 7/1 and was told I was in the January pool of of orders appears to be an order that will not be fulfilled. Quadrafire does not want to send them Mount Vernons because they didn't sell many in previous years because of all the problems MV's had. My read is I'm into next summer on this and the dealer really appears to want to refund my money. He said they're taking the Mount Vernon off their floor because Quadrafire isn't going to meet their orders. It sounds like by using the historicial orders by model to determine quantities they will receive, there is no way they can meet orders placed anytime soon.
  18. tunaman

tunaman New Member

Loc:
    eastern ma

dealer says we are one of the "lucky" ones as we have a confirmed purchase order. She said they have returned alot of deposits the last two weeks
  19. dsnedegar3

dsnedegar3 Member

Loc:
    Southern Connecticut
    So I'm sitting here asking myself why does the dealer want to give me back my deposit? At this point I pretty much said that I have no place to get another one, and am willing to wait until it comes in regardless of the timeframe rather than starting the process all over again. I just wonder if by giving the deposit back, Quadrafire is off the hook for the order, and now can raise prices again on new orders. That has to be the reason why they want to give back deposits.
  20. firewarrior820

firewarrior820 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    auburn maine
    BINGO!
  21. bostonbaked

bostonbaked Member

Loc:
    south shore
  22. JBlank912

JBlank912 New Member

Loc:
    NW NJ
    Has Quadfire ever heard of service? If they have dealers trying to sell there products to then say we are cancelling your order because you have not sold enough of what we can not deliver anyway sounds like bad double talk. I ordered a Lopi Yankee in July, they said they would not give me an install date until they have a trucker number from the manufacturer but expect it September or October. When they got the number from Lopi they called and scheduled the install (its due Monday September 29th weather permitting). I understand problems keeping up with demand, but if someone says I'll wait, then give them a reasonable expectation. Do you think this is the manufacturer or dealer playing bad games? I'm not sure but the customer is the one suffering. The dealer is the one who's reputation as a local dealer gets tarnished. As for Quadfire, I'd call them directly, if the story is true I'd look for another brand. A company that handles potential customers this poorly always worries me.
  23. dsnedegar3

dsnedegar3 Member

Loc:
    Southern Connecticut
    I'm convinced it's the manufacturer. Too many of us are getting the same stories from different dealers.
  24. eric_s

eric_s Member

Loc:
    Rhode Island
    Another data point for those interested. Just had my stove installed today.
    Mt Vernon freestanding. Order 6/13 and arrived at the dealer 9/13.
  25. maine61

maine61 Member

Loc:
    Southern Maine
    There does seem to be a light at the end of the tunnel on some Quad deliveries. I ordered my CB 1200i on 6/23 with an expected delivery of late August. The dealer later moved the date to November. Was told today "CB 1200's are starting to come in" and sometime in October now seams likely. Not an exact date but I'm feeling more confident than I was a few weeks ago.....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.