Santa's has to lose some weight this year ....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Creature

Hearth Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
Vancouver, Canada
He'll have to come down my 6in pipe instead of the old 8in.

Have a great Christmas everyone!

should have put a 5.5 in just to really piss him off. i figure if the fires hot enough he'll stay out anway. ah crap forgot i have 3 flues. guess he'll make it in

Santa's magic, didn't ya know! I've heard he can get down a 6" chimney.........

....but it has never been explained to me how he opens that door on the woodstove from inside the firebox :)

"how he opens that door on the woodstove from inside the firebox"

Emergency safety release on the inside of the woodstove. It's a government mandated measure put into place for exactly this purpose.

He must have an awful time with magic heat reclaimer installations.

pen

agartner said:
"how he opens that door on the woodstove from inside the firebox"

Emergency safety release on the inside of the woodstove. It's a government mandated measure put into place for exactly this purpose.

So.......... that would mean the newer EPA stoves have this emergency release and the old non-EPA stoves do not? :)

pen said:
He must have an awful time with magic heat reclaimer installations.

pen

Ewwwww...... that must hurt! :)

My daughter was concerned about this a few days ago. We just installed an insert in our fireplace. She decided that he's magic and will figure a way in.

Status
Not open for further replies.