The Lane

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
After the ice and the snow.

zap

Attachments

• 100_4277.jpg
    100_4277.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 498
  • 100_4278.jpg
    100_4278.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 484
Looks more like November now.
The trail is now a tunnel, duck.
Good thing the snow held off until the leaves were gone, the lane would've been impassable.
Welcome to winter :)

bogydave said:
Good thing the snow held off until the leaves were gone, the lane would've been impassable.

I need to clear those small sh t a s trees, by the time I got through that part of the lane the back of the rhino was full of snow.

zap

Relax Zap, too much coffee ?? :)
If it weren't for the small trees growing where they can get sunlight, there wouldn't be any big trees in 20 years.
Trail maintenance, if it was easy, everybody would have a beautiful, wonderful place like you have. You are pretty lucky, you know.

Nice pic. I'll put up one from a lane at a local wildlife refuge that I was at last weekend. Classic New England fall afternoon.

Attachments

• DSC00079.jpg
    DSC00079.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 443
fishingpol said:
Nice pic. I'll put up one from a lane at a local wildlife refuge that I was at last weekend. Classic New England fall afternoon.

fishingpol, love the stone fence or wall, looks great.

bogydave, I am drinking coffee, remember the Amazing Kreskin.

zap

Zap, your pictures are the very reason I don't even go to the woods after a heavy wet snow. I'll wait until the trees and brush stand back up.

That is a beautiful shot ZAP. I can't tell you how many times I have gone into the woods and had a scene like that bring me back to the Ice Storm of 1998. Going back the road from my house to my fathers camp to keep his pipes from freezing. Tree branches and trees all over. A sound, some loud from closeness, and some faint from far away, changing in different lengths of time, of branches breaking. EVERYWHERE. It was somehow exciting. You know how storms can be. I guess that was because we knew, or at least thought we did, that the worst of it was over. But the power was out everywhere at that time. A lot of power got restored inside of a day in the cities and towns. But out in the country, even just a few miles out, we were without power for a week straight. Thankfully, I had a good size generator. And plenty of propane for the grill. My tenants, from four different apartments at the time, were very happy I was prepared for a storm. I hope we don't have one of those any time soon. But, if we do, I will be prepared.

Lived in Massena during the ice storm of 98, we lost power for a total of 9 hours and 6 of that was one night. We had a park across from us, the cracking,moaning and different sounds was something else, really must of been bad up here with all the trees around.

zap

fishingpol said:

Great pic Jon! It looks very inviting and a great place to be.. I have always loved the New England stone walls...

Ray

bogydave said:

I had a hard time figuring out what a tunnel duck was until I finally saw the comma! :lol:

Gary

The snow sure changes how thing look Zap. But I don't know if I am ready for snow yet.

Billy

Gary_602z said:
bogydave said:

I had a hard time figuring out what a tunnel duck was until I finally saw the comma! :lol:

Gary

:lol:

Backwoods Savage said:
Zap, your pictures are the very reason I don't even go to the woods after a heavy wet snow. I'll wait until the trees and brush stand back up.

Same here . . . I like to give it a day or so to let the wind and sun clean off as much snow as they will . . . mostly because I hate it when I get a bunch of snow dumped down my back.

Status
Not open for further replies.