US Stove Model 5500 Problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greginpa

Nov 5, 2009
N.E. PA
Hello, I'm new to the board and live in PA. Anyway, I did a quick search and didn't really find what I was looking for. Maybe someone here can help me out. I bought a US Stove model 5500 that was used. The person I bought it from says it works but it doesn't. It is vertically vented with new Simpson Dura Vent pipe and I replaced the door gasket. When fired up it does not stay lit. It will either shut itself down or stop feeding pellets and it will go out. The fuses are all good by the way. I've also called the factory and they really didn't much help," check the door gasket." Well I replaced it hoping for the best and it still will not run. Any ideas???? Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.