1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

wood pellets not generating enough heat

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Brokk, Dec 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gutterboy2ca

gutterboy2ca Member

Loc:
    Hartland ,New Brunswick,Canada
    I don,t know Brokk, but your running out of time,i'd be sticking that puppy in Uncle Henry's and getting a different one.I see 3 or 4 sitting at Mardens(Houlton)they were Englanders although i didn,t notice the model.Price was $999.and $1300 for the big one with 3 bay window and Brass.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Brokk

Brokk New Member

Loc:
    Central/Eastern Mass
    $999? Wow, that's a good price for a pellet stove. I felt lucky to get mine for $1350. Most models I see run over $2000, sometimes $3000.

I'm sorry, but I miss the reference to Uncle Henry's...

Brokk...
  3. gutterboy2ca

gutterboy2ca Member

Loc:
    Hartland ,New Brunswick,Canada
    ahh, was thinkin you were in New Hampshire Brokk, my bad,its a local Buy/sell Book avail at most convenience stores as well as Gas stations,wasn,t sure if they served New England or just maine/New Hampsire,lotsa bargains to be found though,kinda like Craigs List or Kijiji
    http://www.unclehenrys.com/
  4. Brokk

Brokk New Member

Loc:
    Central/Eastern Mass
    Ah, kind of like the auto dealer books. Not sure if they are in MA or not, I don't go to convenience stores very often except for the occasional lotto ticket. :)

Based on todays burning what was left of that bag (roughly 31 pounds in 6 hours), I'd say my PPH is close to 5 for the high setting. At that rate, my room temp went up 10 degrees in two hours which is a vast improvement.

Brokk...
  5. Lance1

Lance1 Member

Pretty amazing what a little flame tuning can do
  6. Brokk

Brokk New Member

Loc:
    Central/Eastern Mass
    I burned a bag today (though it was so warm, there wasn't really any need to), and it took almost exactly 8 hours to use 40 lbs. So I'm pretty close to 5PPH for my highest pellet feed setting.

Brokk...
  7. jsvo

jsvo Member

Loc:
    vt
    where i work we have a pel pro stove in our showroom,60ft long 30 feet wide,old building on a slab.the first stove we got had electrical problems right away,but big problem was not putting out alot of heat,big problem was popcorn effect of blowing pellets out of burn pot ,after some time on phone with tech line,we had shut off all air intakes and it still did it.when blower came on fans also blew it out of pot,so it was using up pellets but not really burning them up. company decided there was a crack in unit from factory.it was replaced and this new one heats like crazy.runs 24 hrs a day on setting of 2 most of the time.door to showroom probably opens 200 times a day.so cant ask for anything more if it continues. also do know that energex pellets premium hardwoods,do not put out as much heat as penningtons in this stove.
  8. kofkorn

kofkorn Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central MA
    Brokk,

they have them in Mass. They're called the "Want ADvertiser" Usually right next to those car books you were talking about. Always good for some really good deals.
  9. Xena

Xena Minister of Fire

Loc:
    South Shore MA
    Not anymore. Want Advertiser went belly up recently. [url'http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/news/x1733503897/Hudsons-Want-Advertiser-closes-its-doors']link[/url]
  10. cac4

cac4 New Member

Loc:
    Essex County, MA
    gee, thats too bad. I hadn't heard about it...and I just bought something through them...must've been right before they shut the door. thinking back...yeah, it was the last week of sept/first week of oct. right around there.
  11. kofkorn

kofkorn Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central MA
    Well that really sucks. I got a whole bunch of great deals through them. I did look for them at the store recently and didn't see it. That wasn't unusual, as it normally sold out pretty quickly.

Must of been their "Honor system" that did them in.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.