021 carb settings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swagler85

Minister of Fire
Mar 4, 2012
NE Ohio
seansellsohio.com
Picked up an 021 today, $100 on CL. Guy said he bought it a few years ago from someone that went through the whole saw. Looks like it has new gas lines, spark plug, and it was clean inside. Started up but won't run wide open throttle. Bogs down when run wide open. So question is what is the factory setting for the carb? I think it's just a simple carb adjust.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 591
Factory setting for both the H & L screws is one full turn from being lightly seated.

Looks for a loose carb or impulse line if that does not fix it. Also make sure that the muffler screen is not clogged up and the fuel line is not kinked or gas filter clogged.

Well set the carb to factory, still a lil slow so opened the muffler. Screen was about half clogged. Removed that and tried again, Better but not quite there yet. So moved the H another 1/4 turn out. She woke right up screemin full throttle. Want to bury it into a log but it was 7:30 am and figured I should at least give my new neighbors a little more time to wake up. Ill try it out soon here.

Edit*** buried it into a log and it bogged down right away. I'll start looking into t a little more

Well, that is a 021, not a 036. I gifted my 021 as it was just way too underpowered. I called it 'the wood massager.' The 025 has a lot more grunt, and even my 211 has more power. My 021 had an issue similar to what you are describing, and it turned out to be the impulse line (had a micro crack in it). They are a PITA to swap out, but it can be accessed through the starter cover/flywheel area. I have also had good results replacing the weak stock rings with Caber rings to get more compression on several of my 1123 series saws. Clamshell engine though, not so easy to pull the engine and tear them down to just replace the rings.

Status
Not open for further replies.