0F In Icey Hollow Tonight.... *Grumbles*

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dix

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
Just reloading for the overnight. Starting with this temp reading.

I expect to wake up to 70 - 74F tomorrow AM.

271725979_5616139141746143_4688629308411836333_n.jpg

0 F? I'm in Brookhaven in walking distance to the North shore and they predict 17 F here. Is there a place with "real" NY weather nearby?

0 F? I'm in Brookhaven in walking distance to the North shore and they predict 17 F here. Is there a place with "real" NY weather nearby?
I'm in East Islip and in walking distance to the Great South Bay (if that's what it still is out here (I grew up in Massapequa). They were saying temps of 17F with a wind chill that will make it seem as low as -5F - 5F.

Mike O
Vermont Castings Encore

Reactions: dafattkidd
Yes, the wind chill is significant this morning.

Reactions: t1shrk
Had a fire call at 5:50 this morning, it was 6 outside, as I'm walking out the door I threw in 4 splits, walked to the pickup truck in 1" of snow, slipped on ice underneath the snow... got to the firehouse and went to the call, getting back into the ladder truck I slipped again.. had a air pack on and tweeked my upper back just below my shoulder blade..wtf not a good start to the day, got home, poured a cup of hot coffee and stood with my back to the stove to warm up my bones then did a half butt hillbilly yoga stretch..all is good now and its 9 outside.

Reactions: vinny11950
Had a fire call at 5:50 this morning, it was 6 outside, as I'm walking out the door I threw in 4 splits, walked to the pickup truck in 1" of snow, slipped on ice underneath the snow... got to the firehouse and went to the call, getting back into the ladder truck I slipped again.. had a air pack on and tweeked my upper back just below my shoulder blade..wtf not a good start to the day, got home, poured a cup of hot coffee and stood with my back to the stove to warm up my bones then did a half butt hillbilly yoga stretch..all is good now and its 9 outside.
Sign of old age slowly creeping in !! !!!

Reactions: kennyp2339
No pics pls (of the stretch) ;)
Never heard of Icy Hollow?

Hm, nope. But only been here since '17.
Nice read. No AC needed there...? I thought we were lucky with the evening breeze from the Sound coming in. But this seems good too!
I'll drive around there north of Whiskey road a bit. I'm close.

No pics pls (of the stretch) ;)

Hm, nope. But only been here since '17.
Nice read. No AC needed there...? I thought we were lucky with the evening breeze from the Sound coming in. But this seems good too!
I'll drive around there north of Whiskey road a bit. I'm close.

Been here since 1966.

You need AC, but it's not horrible.

My thermometer said 5F this AM. Then add the wind chill.

Woke up to 72F in the house. I'll take it :)