Mid-Atlantic (NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA) $100 Ton in Manassas VA

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

PelletTodd

Feb 28, 2017
Warrenton, VA
With another warm winter just about done there are pellet deals available!

Southern States in Manassas VA has Nation's Choice for $100/ton. A below average pellet but the price is A+. Although the price works out to $2 a bag it's only good if you buy a ton.

Delivery is available for $50 a ton but I negotiated and got a rate of $250 total for 12 tons. I feel like a pellet pig. Oink! Oink!

Reactions: Jack Morrissey
I burned 3 bags of Nation's Choice from Southern States before buying 12 tons. They started up with my electric ignition and they burned fine. I think they produced some more ash than typical but I don't measure like some guys do. And I think the heat was maybe a little bit less than average but again that was subjective and could be off.

I actually have not taken delivery yet of my big order as the assistant manager is still coordinating. (They don't usually get orders like this). He has a truck that holds 6 tons and is trying to find another so he can send both of those along with a pickup towing a forklift for easy unloading of the pellets.

Burned them last winter. Very high ash, almost twice as much as Lignetics or Presto Logs.