19/20 is looking hot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Same here, it's so wet, it is making it hard to get my winter cutting done. 4 wheel drive tractor will get the wood out, but the mess I'd make would be ridiculous. Wood covered in mud is no fun to cut.
I can lock the truck in and get to it but the aftermath isn't worth it! I have another place that is roadside that I can scrounge some from. I think I will walk into the other place and get a bunch cut and ready to haul when it either freezes or dries up enough..

I just went with the equation they used for drying tim
Ok. I must have portions missing from the download. I don't even see that equation, but on my phone it has all sorts of missing letters and sentences. Working my equation backwards using their data doesn't always solve for the correct thickness or coefficient in higher I initial moisture, but I wasn't considering any vapor pressure variable. Gonna save this data so I can remember the value for future reference. Good stuff.
Wood covered in mud is no fun to cut
Yeah. The wood I have in the pics has got plenty on it and it didn't even get dragged through a bunch of slop. Next freeze is looking about a 10 days away and I'm itching to schedule some tree time.

Same here, it's so wet, it is making it hard to get my winter cutting done. 4 wheel drive tractor will get the wood out, but the mess I'd make would be ridiculous. Wood covered in mud is no fun to cut.
Similar here...my land is more "wetlands" than "field/forest" right now. Getting any firewood done without getting injured or dirty and having good clean wood at the end would be a miracle.