2 tons delivered

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisasst

Minister of Fire
Aug 13, 2008
cortland ny
Bought 2 tons of pellets of craigslist. They delivered them for a total of $330. They are prestologs and green team ( mostly prestologs)
There were 3 guys to help unload them. I thought that was pretty good for the price. He said his stove augur motor stopped and asked me if I wanted the stove for $50. I asked him what name stove was it, he wasn't sure, so he is going to look and call me later. HE said it was a name brand. Probably stove from HD or Lowes... probably worth $50 if all it needs is a augur motor..

$165 a ton!!! Delivered!!!!! Wow. And possibly a stove for $50.. What a deal. I'm a big fan of the Presto Logs myself. They burn great in the Quad. The Somersets were good for the price, $175/ton. But for more heat, the Logs were $177/ ton at HD. Bought 5 ton for next season. Just got them all in the basement for next year. How is the NEW Englander treating you? Doing its job, as suspected?

DexterDay said:
$165 a ton!!! Delivered!!!!! Wow. And possibly a stove for $50.. What a deal. I'm a big fan of the Presto Logs myself. They burn great in the Quad. The Somersets were good for the price, $175/ton. But for more heat, the Logs were $177/ ton at HD. Bought 5 ton for next season. Just got them all in the basement for next year. How is the NEW Englander treating you? Doing its job, as suspected?

Turned Englander on this morning, had to turn it down then off it got so hot in my living area..
I have burned presto logs in my kozi before and they did ok, never tried the greenteam before though..

Can't Find Greenteam's here in Ohio. Or Hamer's, Okies, Cubex, Energex, Maines Choice, Fireside ultras, Stove Chow, etc, for that matter. The list goes on and on.
Glad its burning you outta the house. I'm trying to get the Wife to let me buy a stove for the shop/garage.. "3 Stoves is too much", so she says. I've showed her all the people on here that have 3 stoves. Maybe one day... Glad your happy, and congrats again on the SMOKING Deal!

chrisasst said:
Turned Englander on this morning, had to turn it down then off it got so hot in my living area..

Time to put a programmable stat on that stove Chris......then the stove will go into idle mode when stat isn't calling for heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.