2012 Harman Accentra 2 FS: Does it use carbon potentionmeters?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cjweaver13

Sep 21, 2022
PA
A more technical question: Would a 2012 Harman Accentra 2 freestanding stove have carbon potentiometers? I think there's a couple sticking points because between 70-75 on the control board doesn't seem to change the stove's output according to my digital thermometers I have seeded around the house. Looking to try cleaning with DeoxIT F5 and see if they change the operation. If that doesn't work I think I'm looking at replacing the pots or control board depending on what time would allow. Also, wondering if other issue could be ESP probe needs cleaning? Room sensor probe is brand new and in a stable location by an existing digital thermostat and digital thermometer for comparison and they are both stable so there's no draft or external factory at play I don't think.

You're thinking is probably correct. There's likely dead spots on the pots. Try the DeOxit first and if that doesn't cure it replacing the pots would be next.