2013-14 Done!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I finished the third row of shoulder season wood for next year along with some pine for kindling on Saturday.

Next up is some chipper action so I can level off the spot for shoulder season wood for the year 2014-15, looks like it will be more white pine and hemlock.

zap 100_5146.JPG100_5166.JPG

Reactions: smokinj and ScotO
Nice Stacks...how is hemlock to burn? Seems like it's farly dense. Did you get any bad storms up there today?

All the bad storms so far have gone north or south of us, never even rained here today. This fall will be our first burning Hemlock, my neighbor said he would rather burn Hemlock over White Pine.

zap

I'm done with 13-14 to. Now to finish 12 -13:confused:

I figured zap would have 2020 on the stacks by now. >>

I think Zap bought stock in the fence post company. :)

Perfect stacks as usual Zap!

All the bad storms so far have gone north or south of us, never even rained here today. This fall will be our first burning Hemlock, my neighbor said he would rather burn Hemlock over White Pine.

zap

+1 . . . Hemlock is a little less messy to process and burns a bit longer as it is more dense . . . burned a little bit of hemlock over the past few years.

Jake, what's the mess, sap? I have a ton of it to process!

Jake, what's the mess, sap? I have a ton of it to process!

Yup . . . sap . . . and all of the branches if you're taking down a tree in the yard . . . of course if it's in the woods you can just leave them where you cut them or make some piles.

I have found that if you buck up a freshly cut pine (talking about eastern white pine) and let it sit for awhile that there is often a lot less mess vs. handling the rounds right away or even within the following week or two . . . then again . . . it's only pitch . . . it washes off.

I figured zap would have 2020 on the stacks by now. >>
BB, our hardwood that is stacked is 5.5 years ahead, hoping the softwood extends it some. Lots of White Pine down along with some Hemi's.

I always wanted about 25-30 cord but my supply of t-post are coming to the end! ::P

z-post

Ah. OK, that's more like it. ;lol

Those are some straight rows youve got there friend. I have gotten better but stacking on a hill is a pain in the rear. I have to prop up pallets to make them leveled.

Nice work zap. Hey, your t-posts are bending a bit. ;)

Looking good Zap!

Nice work zap. Hey, your t-posts are bending a bit. ;)

Dennis, I'm surprised you didn't teach/show Zap how cribbed ends look on your visit. ;)

I dunno....I think the stacks could be a lil neater....
Just sayin.....sSc_hiding.gif

Looking good Zap!

Dennis, I'm surprised you didn't teach/show Zap how cribbed ends look on your visit. ;)

Didn't have time and was not feeling the best when I got there so we just visited. There will probably come another time.... btw, zap and his wonderful wife were excellent hosts.

The last of the branches I chipped up were pretty small except for about three or four branches, time for the DR Chipper to have the boys at the Wood Chop Shop sharpen it up then check the belt.

If the weather is decent on Sunday I will be milling.

zap

Attachments

• 100_5207.JPG
    100_5207.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 117
  • 100_5208.JPG
    100_5208.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 106
  • 100_5209.JPG
    100_5209.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 114
Status