2013 VC Burning Thread

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if begreen can move the current discussion to the new 14/15 thread.

How can you adjust the secondary? My stove is running good on normal fuel (600 griddle and 12-1400 cat) but once I put in my 15% maple it takes off on me (800 gt and 1700cat). I am now wondering if its not my gaskets but the secondary that isn't closing properly............. changing too many things at one time can add to the confusion :(

Like you, now that I adjusted my airwash the glass stays completely clean! Im glad you are up and on your way Jeremy just in time for this small cold front (supposed to be 65 again here on thurs just in time to cool it down and crawl behind ;) )
I'm following this blog and must have missed the "airwash" references. The glass is never clean and it bothers me.

What did they change for '14/'15 that you want a new thread ?

The year simply indicates the burning season, not the stove model year. With a new season a new thread will be opened to make it easier on the forum software and latecomers to the discussion. Similar threads exist for BK stoves.
Wife loves this stove but Im hoping they made them less trouble prone.
I keep my fingers crossed that the stove will work out for you. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.