2020 epa fire chief fc1000e

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jpops

Aug 30, 2019
Minnesota
New to this site, looking at purchasing a new high efficiency wood furnace. Not new to burning wood but definitely behind the curve with the newer high efficiency furnaces. I have been waiting for a Kuuma vapor fire 200 for almost a year and talked to them last week and it sounds like it will be another six months before they start building them again due to new EPA testing. My old stove it shot. Wondering if there are any other options out there, I have read a ton of negative reviews about the fire chiefs and tundras. I want a quality efficient furnace, willing to shell out the dollars but can’t wait another six months as the temps are already in the 40’s overnight

New to this site, looking at purchasing a new high efficiency wood furnace. Not new to burning wood but definitely behind the curve with the newer high efficiency furnaces. I have been waiting for a Kuuma vapor fire 200 for almost a year and talked to them last week and it sounds like it will be another six months before they start building them again due to new EPA testing. My old stove it shot. Wondering if there are any other options out there, I have read a ton of negative reviews about the fire chiefs and tundras. I want a quality efficient furnace, willing to shell out the dollars but can’t wait another six months as the temps are already in the 40’s overnight
Just FYI, rumor has it that the "2020 EPA certification" that FC is (was?) claiming on the FC1000 is in jeopardy unless they can pass the test again...seems there were some "issues" the first time that allowed them to claim that they passed.
Even if they did pass, read the threads and reviews here on them...you probably can't find a more pizz poor excuse for a wood furnace.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    6.1 MB · Views: 465
Just FYI, rumor has it that the "2020 EPA certification" that FC is (was?) claiming on the FC1000 is in jeopardy unless they can pass the test again...seems there were some "issues" the first time that allowed them to claim that they passed.
Even if they did pass, read the threads and reviews here on them...you probably can't find a more pizz poor excuse for a wood furnace.

Yes everything I’ve read has made me very concerned about buying anything from hy-c

Yes everything I’ve read has made me very concerned about buying anything from hy-c

As concerned as you should be, the juice guys have not stopped providing support and replaced my 1500 without question. The only complaint I have regarding the 1500 is advertised burn times versus actual burn times.

There are still plenty of good furnaces on the market right now. Once the new regs take effect, just the kuuma. Caddy and the drolet furnaces are second best. If you can’t get a kuuma then buy a drolet quick.

Reactions: Jpops

I’ll give you one if you want to drive. I’ll also make you sign a waiver that I’m not responsible for anything that may happen to your house.

Run, don’t walk, from anything produced by HYC. Junk, dangerous, Junk, inefficient, Junk, not anything like advertised, and did I mention junk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are still plenty of good furnaces on the market right now
There are? Other than the ones you mentioned, what others do you have in mind? I can think of a couple manually controlled ones I guess...

There are? Other than the ones you mentioned, what others do you have in mind? I can think of a couple manually controlled ones I guess...

You’re right. Plenty of physical appliances from just a few companies. Soon the options will dwindle.

new to this site, we have a 2019 fire chief fc1000e and we have notice a couple of issues we can't figure out, one we are finding like black dust all over things and just today it sounds like something is rattling in the top of the wood furnace, any ideas?

new to this site, we have a 2019 fire chief fc1000e and we have notice a couple of issues we can't figure out, one we are finding like black dust all over things and just today it sounds like something is rattling in the top of the wood furnace, any ideas?
If I had to guess, it it all warped and cracked if you start digging around inside, or take the outer sheet metal off so the firebox can be seen. Hope I'm wrong, but these things do have a track record...