20mph sw wind: Nature's Blow dryer for WNY

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NordicSplitter

Minister of Fire
May 22, 2011
Western,NY
Just finished splitting some BL,Sugar Maple, Hickory and Pine. Glad I did. The outside of those big rounds read 10-13%. The inside, well over 25%. No worries with this wind and dry air to last the rest of today and most of tomorrow....Those will be dried out in no time....Nordic out

You have a bit more faith than I when it comes to drying wood. A 20 mph wind is not a big wind but will certainly help. I would not count on burning that wood this year for sure.

Fantastic dzych2!

That wood Backwoods is for 2yrs from now. Any little bit Mother Nature can help is sure nice though...

It'll be rotten by then, better send it here. Everybody knows you cut in Sept. split in Oct., & burn in Nov.:p
Nice job! May the dry winds keep blowing for you. A C

the warm winds are blowing through here the last few days...drying things up nicely

Status
Not open for further replies.