25-PDVC Thermastat No Working plus.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chris_brooks

Nov 22, 2015
PA
I purchased a 3 year old stove and have it running, works very well. I have the stove in my garage. I would like to get the stove running off a thermostat and I have read about it on these boards. My issue is the tstat is not effecting the stove at all. My test was that I hooked the thermostat up and set the feed/blower at 9/9. With the temp set at 60 the stove keeps running at 9/9. From what I read with the called-for-heat having been meet (72 at this point) the stove should drop to 1/1.

I know I'm missing something but this being my first stove I need help!

From what I understand, the stove won't drop the settings on the control board and the fan won't slow down but should slow the pellet feed. Maybe the lowest heat setting is still too warm for the space which is making it get up into the 70's. The tstat will not shut the stove down either. Maybe you could try 3's as your high point after letting the space cool down to the 50's.

OK. For some reason I thought the tstat, when calling for heat, would invoke the board to run at the setting you had set on the board panel and when not calling for heat would run at the lowest. Do you have to set both the high and low settings?

That's the way I understand it to work too. Sorry I wasn't clear in my last post. The fan won't change speeds though. What if the swing set to on the tstat? The could be messing with things too.

And no, you can't set a hi and low setting through the stove. It defaults to 1 when no heat is needed and the hi will be your last heat setting, so in your case it'd be 9. That's why I was thinking if it was 3, it would even it out a bit.

Thermostat either isnt set up correctly or the wires are not making contact.. if i remember correctly you can run a test to see if the board responds to the thermostat.. no clue how ive never done it.. but when i hooked up my older honeywell stat i had to change jumper settings inside the stat in order to get it working.

Just a thought... did you remove the thermostat jumper wire feom board when you connected the stat wires??

Last edited:
Reactions: Pete Zahria
If its a remote thermostat make sure its paired with the receiver. I had a similar issue, then read all the directions and never paired the remote with the receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.