262xp - a keeper!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NH_Wood

Minister of Fire
Dec 24, 2009
southern NH
Hey guys - posted about a real nice (near mint) 262xp that I bought a couple weeks ago. Since I have a MS362, I figured I didn't need both and listed the 262xp on eBay. Then I really starting thinking that I made a big mistake and should have kept the saw. Well, I must have priced the saw too aggressively (thankfully) and didn't receive a bid - just a few offers (which were really good offers). Auction ended and now I can keep her! Ordered a Powermatch bar yesterday and I have lots of extra 20" loops of RS chain - so can't wait to get the bar and fire her up and compare with the 362 - should be fun! My Dad has a big log load of wood to cut, so I'll get a lot of time to test. Cheers!

I'd keep the XP & sell the 362

Reactions: HittinSteel
ms 362: 13lbs and 4.6hp
262xp: 12.8lbs and 4.8hp

Lighter and more powerful, what's not to like?

Thanks - I'm with Thistle - I think if all goes well with testing the saw, the 362 will have to go - I really like the 362, but no use in keeping money tied up in a saw that won't see a lot of use. We'll see! Cheers!

I went looking for that saw today and couldn't find it. That explains it. It was "gone".

Congrats.. That was a clean saw

Thanks Dex - only time I was rooting for no bids! Really looking forward to seeing what she's got. Cheers!

Thanks - I'm with Thistle - I think if all goes well with testing the saw, the 362 will have to go - I really like the 362, but no use in keeping money tied up in a saw that won't see a lot of use. We'll see! Cheers!
I think you'll find strong points to both. The 362 will appeal mainly on ergonomic points and the 262XP should be a rip to run.

Yes MM - I'm predicting a real strong cutting 262 with a bit more vibes in the cut - the 362 is incredibly smooth - I'd miss that. Please, oh please, don't bring up more points that will make me keep both - I like being married! Cheers!

Yes MM - I'm predicting a real strong cutting 262 with a bit more vibes in the cut - the 362 is incredibly smooth - I'd miss that. Please, oh please, don't bring up more points that will make me keep both - I like being married! Cheers!
Try explaining that you are going to be sending out a perfectly good, hell, brand new even, chainsaw so some guy in the backwoods of Tennessee can grind bigger holes in a critical part, voiding the warranty of course.

Calling the 262XP a "backup" might go over a lot smoother. :p

Reactions: DexterDay
;lol

Status
Not open for further replies.