30 NC - Secondary burn...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Creek-Chub

Nov 13, 2007
Niles, MI
Good God, Bart! This thing is a raging inferno! If I end up going to hell, at least I'll have a reasonable idea what it looks like before hand...

That looks real familiar. Mine is just easing along right now with an easy E/W two split burn right now looking like a fireplace. If I crank it up we have to sleep in the garage tonight. One of those goofy nights where it is 50 now and 32 by sun-up. We do a lot of those.

Looking good guy! Thanks for the vid.

Nice video, but I'll have to finish watching it tomorrow, because I've got to go night-night now. :p Rick

Yeah, yeah. It's probably best watched without sound... :cheese:

It's down to about 32 degrees here right now, so I decided to toy with a N-S load of some "sweet" willow I cut and split in the spring. That stuff gets really hot, really quick (and then turns to dust), but it sure looks impressive for a while. Still, it leaves me with enough coals after a few hours so that I can throw on a fat half-round of oak before bed and not need my slippers in the morning.

Just ribbin' ya, it looks terrific, and I appreciate you posting the video. We're having some goofy weather here in the Central Oregon high desert right now...down into the 20's overnight, and tomorrow afternoon it's expected to hit 70. I'm having some nice morning fires. Rick

Hey, no offense at all. I expected a little ribbing after I listened to it. To be honest, I've been like a kid in a candy store with this stove. I had it jam packed to the gills the first night after we installed it, and it was 80 degrees outside. Hell, I almost couldn't establish a draft in my 25' stainless lined chimney it was so hot out. I'm well aware of the fact that I'm running this thing way hotter than need be right now, but, uh, "I need to learn how the stove works before it gets really cold out". At least that's what I'm telling my wife. I've said it before, and I'll say it again I'm sure. You guys rock. I've been busting my butt all year to get wood ready for this winter, but none of it would have mattered if I hadn't had access to the vast array of experience and opinions you folks offer here. I spent over $400 a month on propane last year to heat this 2600 SF drafty monster, and kept the thermostat at 64 during the day - 60 at night. We'll be wearing shorts and T-Shirts this winter, and it will cost me a little gas for the chainsaw and splitter, some for the truck, and a bottle of Tylenol for my back. Gentlemen, I salute you. Any time that any of you are in the SW Michigan area, beers are on me.

Creek-Chub said:
Gentlemen, I salute you. Any time that any of you are in the SW Michigan area, beers are on me.

Well ya know, you can ship up to seventy pounds in a Postal Service Flat Rate Box for $10. Holds a little over a six pack. :lol: Enjoy that stove. Lotta folks pay over two grand for a stove that can't touch that bad boy for heating your house.

Call me an ESW sock puppet. Don't care. :coolgrin: I looked at all of'em and can afford any of'em but bought that sucker that you have.

Hope mine looks like that next year, if I get this house done by then. Till then, I let the Summit handle the action.
I might have to add more additions on with the two flaming.
;)

Very nice creek-chub. Looks like you know how it works. Night Night :p
Sounded like my family in the background. Good on YA man. :coolsmile:

Great video, thanks..

Status
Not open for further replies.