30 year old Blaze King like New - What's it Worth?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rideakstyle

Jul 7, 2021
Anchorage, Alaska
Hello! I'm new here. I live in Alaska. I have owned a few different Blaze Kings over the years. We have the opportunity to buy a 30 year old Blaze King that has been used twice, ever. What is a fair price for this? Thank you in advance!

Screenshot_20210707-115333_Messages.jpg

What is the model #? If it is a precatalytic KEJ model, not very much. Maybe $250? The old units were wood hogs with a big belly. If it has a catalyst, then $500?

Last edited:
Pre EPA models are not KE nor PE models, they are KT, KR, PT, PR. Then, there are specific model numbers. Ex. 302, 202, etc.

The label should be 100% intact if it has only been used a few times. It's located on the back of the stove.

That appears to be a non catalytic model, but to be 100% certain, a clear photo of the top of the stove and right hand side of the stove is needed

We stopped making KT and PT models in 1984....37 years ago. So if it is a KT or PT, it is between 37 years and 44 years old. (The only exception is if the stove was originally sold in an unregulated area of Canada)

Post some clearer pictures and also examine the label.

Pre EPA models are illegal in some parts of the USA including FBNSB. The Matsu Burrough is ready to launch a changeout program as well.

Either way, BeGreen is being very generous at a value of $250.00. Caveat Emptor!

Sold my BK King in 2018 for $400. It had 3 year old catalyst. Some problems with it too. Got bought fast. Even threw in some elbow pipe I did not need. Replaced with Harmon XXV

Sold my BK King in 2018 for $400. It had 3 year old catalyst. Some problems with it too. Got bought fast. Even threw in some elbow pipe I did not need. Replaced with Harmon XXV
Yes but this is a much older precat stove. I think $250 would be a decent asking price expecting less. That is if it is even legal to sell in their location.

Last edited:
I see a lot of those here in Missouri for sale the prices are all over the place ranging from $200 - $ 1000
I believe they made them In Centralia MO so many were sold here

I would base your value off what you see other blaze kings going for in AK, both new and used. I know there are a lot of things that cost a ton used out there, because well, the price to get the product out there is alot. Not to mention, many people prolly are cutting their own wood, so really dont care about have a new efficient stove. You may be surprised at what value you could have, esp if its in good shape.