4 wheeler for wood hauler/plowing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use a Honda Rubicon for plowing and hauling. I like this model of ATV for its 5 speed fluid transmission which is much like a cars but it can be shifted manually as well as automatically and it has low lock and traction control options. I have a dump/swivel trailer that is rated for 1500 lbs. and holds 22 Cu ft. I can't recall the maker but they have them at many farm stores and on eBay. I'll attach a photo. I use a 60" plow on my 800' driveway. I run chains on the tire front and back but I've done well with them just on the back. image.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: firefighterjake
I think we will skip spring this year and go directly into the summer weather!

Reactions: TreePointer
I have 2 small machines. Kawasaki 300 Lakota and a Honda TRX 300. Both are scramblers type. Nice on trails, light and nimble. I pull a Ohio steel trailer with 500LBS of wood in it. I don't think they would be any good plowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.