55-trp10 talk me out of it

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Smokinbubba

Burning Hunk
Nov 30, 2019
Central Ohio
If noone talks me out of it, i plan to call amfm tomorrow and order the little englander that could!
My home is 1350sf not open floorplan. Keep one bedroom closed so really heating about 1200sf. Want to use this as primary and install new electric furnace as back up next month. Tired of oil heat/cost and my oil forced air furnace is fubar. Rusted out beyond repair. 4k plus for new oil burner installed. THAT AINT HAPPENING! central Ohio weather aint that cold and house is pretty tight.
Thoughts??? Thx in advance Bubba

Only have experience with the larger version of that unit.. 25-pdv.

I'd recommend on of their models that allows a thermostat to turn it on/off, has an ash pan and holds twice as many pellets. Those are 3 big conveniences, in my experience, having had the 25pdv for just over a year.

On my 2nd Year with Harmon XXV. Get one that has big pellet capability. Go see the video on maintance for your stove you pick out.

Always a good idea to buy bigger than you need. I would look at the 55 trp22. The trp10 is a good stove but bigger is better:)

Reactions: Dataman
Well, i talked myself out of the trp10. After speaking with Andy at amfm, i purchased the trp22. He said i can always turn it down but cant turn them up! And now, the wait...
Thanks for all the help making my decision. U guys/gals are great!