6 inch durablack

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

48hf74

Jan 3, 2010
Idaho
Can I get a 6 inch long or better 4 inch long piece of Durablack single wall 6 inch diameter stovepipe..???
Can a sheetmetal shop make one cheap do you think..?? A 4 inch would make the run just right..

Why not just use the Durablack slip joint section?

Some times it just doesn't work out.. I had to modify my slip joint pieces since I only have about 8" of straight pipe above my stove before entering the ceiling connector. The answer for me was... hacksaw. Brand new 24 tooth blade, go slow and easy. took me about 15 minutes per cut.

can you post a picture of where you are at in your install? as BB says, slip joint is almost always the answer.

because the piece is inbetween an elbow and a special adaptor I need a fixed piece. I can cut the pipe ok but need to put
that bead and end crimp on it...

Not sure without seeing, but one end of the Durablack will have whatever shape you need to tie in to, and if you are saying you need to crimp the other end for a slide in fit, there is a tool for that, my local shop let me use theirs. again, a picture always helps. I don't think the bead is a must have, it's just there for a bit of extra rigidity, and a lot of the connector pipes don't have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.