6039t room fan will turn on

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

B-Paq

Feb 5, 2018
MD
Hi folks,

The other day my agitator motor sheared the pin off of the drive shaft. So I had the side of the stove off to replace it and it slipped and fell over pretty hard. Once I stopped freaking out, I tried to start the stove and the room fan never kicks on. In fact, right about the time it should, the stove stops completely. I have two wires that may have come off of their pins on the board when the door fell - one green, one white labeled "T Disc". I feel like they should go on the thermostat terminals on the board, but I'm afraid to do anything without asking here first for fear of shorting out my board. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Which control board do you have abc board or newer 4 button? Do you have a external Thermostat hooked up to the stove? If so it usually is wired with thin 18 gauge wire that you had to run thru the side, bottom or back panel of the stove? If you do not have a external thermostat then no wires are attached on the two spades marked t stat. On the control board check the large plastic plug there should be a green wire on pin 6 this goes to the low limit snap disc some times called the proof of fire switch. At about 4 minutes after starting a fire control board checks to see if this switch is closed if not then stove decides there is no fire and goes into shutdown mode. Also check plastic plug pin 2 to see if a white wire is attached there that is the neutral wire that goes to all the motors.

Last edited:
Reactions: FirepotPete