A bunch of wood on pallets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

northwinds

Minister of Fire
Jul 9, 2006
south central WI
The weather is warming up, and I'm about done processing wood until next
fall.

Twenty-three and one-half pallets of wood. Six to seven feet high. 95% hand split.
Should be good for a couple of years. I've got a mixture of oak, elm, mulberry,
locust, apple, and maple. About half of the wood was processed this year.
I've got a few pallets of firewood stacked at my woodlot which are
waiting to be brought over by that little black trailer and my VW Golf TDI.

They aren't the prettiest stacks, but the Isle Royale doesn't seem to mind.

Attachments

• side1.jpg
    side1.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,398
  • front1.jpg
    front1.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 1,473
What is that, about 15 cord?

Probably, although that would give me three heating seasons, and I promised my wife I would only
transfer two seasons worth from the woodlot to our house. To be conservative, I figure a cord per
two pallets. Anything over that is gravy.

Wow, those are some tall stacks!

I'm having the first 2.5 cords of a 5 cord order delivered tomorrow afternoon. Not sure how tall my stacks will be, but I hope we don't have to go all the way to 6+ feet high!

-SF

In my woodshed I stack 9 feet high but on pallets I only go 4 feet.

100_0296.jpg

100_0342.jpg

Here's a slightly different side view with more detail. Not that great with a digital camera.

Attachments

• side2.jpg
    side2.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 1,173
Good job Northwinds. Now you can go fishing all summer.

How come your pictures aren't as neat as some. Yours look like mine. Some people must file down the edges.

gzecc said:
How come your pictures aren't as neat as some. Yours look like mine. Some people must file down the edges.
Try as I might, I cannot make mine as even as Highbeam. He must have one heck of a big belt sander. His almost looks like it's just printed on paper. Hmmm.... maybe it is?

gzecc said:

I blame my kindergarten teacher who told me it was all right to color outside the lines. :)

Hey NW - if you start to get splitter withdraws , feel free to jump on down a bit. I still got a heck of a pile to split up. Some needs bucking too. I'll supply the beer and ribs. :coolsmile:

Jags said:
Hey NW - if you start to get splitter withdraws , feel free to jump on down a bit. I still got a heck of a pile to split up. Some needs bucking too. I'll supply the beer and ribs. :coolsmile:

Road trip!

Spikem said:
Jags said:

Road trip!

That sounds like a lot more fun if we use Jag's powered splitter than my yellow-handled maul. :)

northwinds said:
Spikem said:
Jags said:

Road trip!

That sounds like a lot more fun if we use Jag's powered splitter than my yellow-handled maul. :)

You betcha ;-) . I don't swing at firewood much any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.