a little cherry

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HardWoodW

Oct 9, 2009
Indiana
there's been tons of storm downed wood in my neighborhood recently-I'm pretty well stocked with ash and hickory and I've been busy so I've passed on some of it- mostly maple, but for some reason I couldn't pass up this cherry. Man this stuff is heavy. I've never burned it before so I'm looking forward to it though I'm thinking much of it will go into the smoker.

Attachments

• cherry.jpg
    cherry.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 154
there's been tons of storm downed wood in my neighborhood recently-I'm pretty well stocked with ash and hickory and I've been busy so I've passed on some of it- mostly maple, but for some reason I couldn't pass up this cherry. Man this stuff is heavy. I've never burned it before so I'm looking forward to it though I'm thinking much of it will go into the smoker.
If you've got ash & hickory, then yah, smoke the cherry. Grab some of that maple for smoking too >>

Reactions: Thistle
Nice load.
Cherry is a great fire wood, smoker wood too.

Whenever I find some decent Cherry,I save the best quality (not always the biggest either) pieces for milling into blocks & slabs for woodturning & other projects.Any outer slabs,edgings,off cuts from squaring the ends,scrap etc is put aside for the smoker & weber kettle.

I love Cherry! Most of the time it never finds it's way into my wood stove though.......

Processing cherry wood slows me up . . . I keep stopping to smell the fresh splits . . . neighbors might think I am on bath salts or something as I keep stoping to smell the firewood.

Reactions: Realstone
Processing cherry wood slows me up . . . I keep stopping to smell the fresh splits . . . neighbors might think I am on bath salts or something as I keep stoping to smell the firewood.
♫ You gotta stop & smell the splits along the way ♪

Once You've burned a bunch of cherry the ash will seem substandard.

Just be advised it burns hot in the smoker.....

Nice score:)

Status
Not open for further replies.