A sweet CL offer, a bit to far, Eastern CT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wish i could find scores like that in NH!

Too Far? Rent a box truck and get five years worth of wood in one day!

Dune said:
Too Far? Rent a box truck and get five years worth of wood in one day!
Good point. How can it be too far ? CT is tiny and your in central CT and hebron is in central CT. Sinner!

If I was not sitting on 17-18 cords of mostly oak , some chery and a good amount of maple, I would still think twice, it's about an hour away and the trailer will hold around a half cord.

KC

I actually scored on this one. Got three truck/trailer loads before it was all gone. He only offered it to the first 3 or 4 people that called, and when I got there it was like a bunch of army ants striping a carcass. Most of it was already cut to length the rest we cut there. Some pretty big rounds too that one guy was loading on to a landscaping trailer with a hand truck. There were another 7-8 trees tagged to come down this week, so I'll give a call back tonight.
Of course this was after I had committed to someone else to take some wood off their hands so after my 3 runs here I still had to put in an appearance at the other place just to show I was still interested. And it was hot and muggy on Saturday!! Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.