Accentra ESP question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brihvac

Feb 20, 2011
North Wilmington, DE
I just replaced my ESP probe on my 06 Accentra insert. Before I did this the flame was very bright, almost white. Since the ESP change it is more yellowish. I do not see smoke on the inside but I am concerned about sooting up. Would the ESP probe change cause this? Does it back the combustion blower back or something? I just want to make sure this is normal. Before the flame was white and very forceful. Now its yellowish "traditional" and slower. I changed the probe because the combustion blower would not turn off unless you cut the power. I have not shut the stove down yet to see if it worked, but I also found the ESP wire pinched to the point that there was bear wire showing.

Color going to the board is black from the white wires of the ESP probe itself. When I ordered the probe it went by the serial number. It had a specific number and you were either before that number or after. I was before. The probes looked identical. They both had white leads on them that you spliced into the black ESP wire. They one I took out looked like it was spliced from the factory and the replacment spliced in with the connectors they supplied. Are the dip switches on the board? It appears to be the original probe so I do not know why the setting would be different, but I will check it anyway. Also, the combustion blower still keeps running forever after the stove has cooled down until you interupt power. So I guess I have to buy a board. I was hopping it was just the probe but with my luck I should have known.

Status
Not open for further replies.