advice on pellet stove brand and model ??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lynnsbomber

Oct 1, 2006
I'm looking to buy a pellet stove and there are many brands and models to choose. I am hoping to stay onder 2,000 for a good quality stove. I'd like some advice as it gets a little overwhelming looking online and I'd like to know from owners how there stove has treated them so i dont get a lemon. thanks and if anyone is from the lynn mass area I'd like know where to buy one for a decent price.

Thanks a lot

adam bomb

well, the quadrafire santa fe is under $2k, thats about all im familer with at the moment, im shure theres others. Any pellet stove has the potential to be a lemon, thats why its so important to pick a dealer in your service area, and gives you a good impression about there shop, and there product. I say again, ANY pellet stove can have problems right out of the box. From the very highest end, to the lowest.

Im skeptical you'll get a good one for less than $2k, considering you'll have to buy pipe, maybe have it installed, floor protection, delivery, etc. You might find a mediocre one for that tho, but I think I'd pony up a bit more cash and buy something that will last longer and/or serve you better.
Good luck!

A pellet stove for under 2k that is going to be dependable.
NOT.
MOST GOOD stoves start out at $2500 just for the stove.

lynnsbomber said:
I'm looking to buy a pellet stove and there are many brands and models to choose. I am hoping to stay onder 2,000 for a good quality stove. I'd like some advice as it gets a little overwhelming looking online and I'd like to know from owners how there stove has treated them so i dont get a lemon. thanks and if anyone is from the lynn mass area I'd like know where to buy one for a decent price.

Thanks a lot

adam bomb
I'm a couple of towns over What stoves do you like so far? Enviro, Quad, Harman There's a Quad dealer about 2 miles from me Harman and enviro I think St. croix too about 20 miles.
Cheaper isn't always better but it depends on budget and what you like the best!

hearthtools said:
A pellet stove for under 2k that is going to be dependable.
NOT.
MOST GOOD stoves start out at $2500 just for the stove.

the santa fe is a nice stove for $1800, heck its the same as the rest of there line. Its not made with any different parts, all the same as the rest of the quad line. No lost features, nothing. I did notice you said "most" and this stove definalty doenst belong in the same family as bargin pellet stoves you find at co-ops and bbs's.
That stove will still be $2400 bucks out the door with tax and venting. So i guess it doesnt qualify for whats costs less then two grand. Not to mention its pretty much plug and play, realiable, with avalibe parts, on a stove thats easy to work on from a mechaical standpoint. I dont belive you have to spend $2500 plus pipe for something decent..

Yeah I just looked at a Quad a couple of weeks ago, really nice looking stove and about $1800 with a white enamal that my wife likes. From what I've heard they have a good reputation too..... just need a dealerthat will be there when you need them...

I had a hard time finding a good Quad dealer around me. I went out to Worchester MA to get my stove. They sold Quad Heathstone and Harman.

The store name was Enchanted Fyreside im Worchester MA.

Aubuchon Hardware

PEL PRO $1499.99

Up to 50,000 BTUs 120 lb hopper

I'm down in the canton-stoughton-randolph
area so more than a few towns away, but
we bought our St Croix Prescott EXP
for 2500.00 plus 400.00 for piping
at Commonwealth Fireplace on rte 1
in Norwood, MA last october and have
had extremely good luck with it.

This stove is qualified from the mfg to
run a 50-50 corn/pellet mix which we
successfully did all last season.
Had zero problems with it. Have 1 ton
of corn/pellet mix in the garage, but may not
run the stove much this year if the pellet prices
don't drop considerably. Oil is now $2.00 per gallon
while the best price I can find on pellets is 4.84 a bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.