Advice on wood stove replacement in fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I don't think any traditional woodstove is good for the OP, I would lean more towards an epa fire place, with all those windows and high ceilings you want more radiant heat than convection heat, figuring convection is just going to go up to the ceiling.

I would lean more towards an epa fire place, with all those windows and high ceilings you want more radiant heat than convection heat, figuring convection is just going to go up to the ceiling.
Why would the need for radiant push you to a fireplace?

Larger viewing window to heat objects, with the side benefit of a blower and optional heat ducts

Larger viewing window to heat objects, with the side benefit of a blower and optional heat ducts
Yes but you would get much more radiant heat off of a freestanding stove without a convective jacket. I am not saying a fireplace would not work well just wont give more radiant heat

Yes but you would get much more radiant heat off of a freestanding stove without a convective jacket. I am not saying a fireplace would not work well just wont give more radiant heat
I def hear you there, I personally think that even a BK king would be overwhelmed with those high ceilings and rows a windows, the f6 and other large woodstoves would be the same thing, it looks like it would be a very difficult room to heat, so go with a nice zero clearance fireplace, get the blower / duct kit that has a return and heat registers to create good room circulation.
Plus with that beautiful wall a nice rustic zero clearance stove with updated stone veneer would look hot.

Reactions: bfast250
I def hear you there, I personally think that even a BK king would be overwhelmed with those high ceilings and rows a windows, the f6 and other large woodstoves would be the same thing, it looks like it would be a very difficult room to heat, so go with a nice zero clearance fireplace, get the blower / duct kit that has a return and heat registers to create good room circulation.
Plus with that beautiful wall a nice rustic zero clearance stove with updated stone veneer would look hot.
I agree