Air Set Up Values for EKO Boilers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooksie1964

Nov 4, 2008
NY
Hey Guys
Re lit the Model 25 today with the new silicone gasket and 8" chimney pipe. Before light up I came across a set up table for the Primary air opening(mm), Number of turns for secondary air, and % of air blower opening.
Re set all my values to the table and lit her off. I don't know if you have this for reference but it does help with the burning.
It seems to me that I have gotten more help and information from all of you than I have from the company so I guess we'll just keep passing it on.
Stay warm and dry.
Brooksie

My original manual did not have much info about these settings, but you are right, the new manual has a table with recommended settings depending on the model, wood moisture and chimney draft.

My EKO40 is set up with a 6" chimney and works well but perhaps could work better. The information I got prior to purchase said 6 or 8" so I went with 6". I have heard people speak of draft calculations but don't have a clue on how to take measurements or calculations. Is there a readily available source for that or is it one of those pay to play situations?

I have followed the newer manual for setting primary blower but have not yet messed with secondary. There is so much more blue flame in the secondary when the ash pit door is open and I'm getting longer burns and the heat I need with boiler temps at 180*f so I know the manual helps. I think I'm at the point of optimum burn now anyhow but I might tinker with it soon as we are supposed to go into the teens at night for a while. I don't have storage so longer burns and less wood used are my goal for keeping warm.

SWF
Table file is to large to up load . Will try to do it piece meal. Not to computer literate. Will e mailit to anyone that need it.
Thanks
Brooksie

Explain this to me. I couldn't get over 120-140 the last few days. I screwed the secondaries in all the way and I got some hot flame....wonder why this is? It seems to be working now. I've been real frustrated until tonight, and even took everything apart to clean thinking it would help...it didnt.

I have been playing with my ball valve on the boiler return protection. If I open it all the way it will get up to 194 then idle wich the stove burns best hot as Leaddog has told me to do. If I gate it halfway I get lower temps at the boiler like 170 ish but seems to charge my tanks a little better(pushing more hot water to tanks and not just recirc it at boiler?). I am only on day 4 burning so I have a LOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGG way to go learning this thing

Hey guys.
I don't see it in the manual but that does not mean it isn't there.
I wrote up the values for models 25 - 80 using 25% wood moisture and Chimney drought 0.04 inch of Wc to Chimney drought 0.08 inch of Wc (inch of Wc-inches of water collum)
Hope itt helps -
Brooksie

Model / Primary air opening # of Turns % of Air Bower

(Chimney drought 0.04 to 0.08 inch of Wc) (25% wood moisture)
--------- 0.04-0.08 ------------- 0.04-0.08------------ 0.04-0.08
Model 25 9 - 10 mm ------------3 – 3.5 turns --------50% open for both
Model 40 10 mm for both -------3.5 turns for both ----100% open for both
Model 60 10 - 9 mm ------------3.5 – 3 turns ----------60 - 50% open
Model 80 10 – 9 mm -------------3.5 turns for both ----100% open for both

1”=25.4mm

Thanks Taxidermist
I have one manual that came wth the boiler, and one from Zenon. Evidently he updated and I din't realize it.
Been banging my head against the wall for nothin' I love when a plan come together.
Anyone else out there be aware the EKO Manual on New Horizon is a new updated version with all the information you may need :exclaim:

Status
Not open for further replies.